Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am 

hi,i try to use motion capture with ipisoft ( 30 Days Trial ),2 Kinect ( 180^ ),and treadmill..
this is my first time using ipisoft,
so,some tips n tricks maybe usefull for me for the next try and my project.. :) thnx

software:
ipi Motion Capture
ipi Recorder
3ds Max 2012

Video Link :

https://vimeo.com/53060627

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 am 

Hey Oscar

Really nice first capture! I know some people have trouble with the feet not tracking correctly with Kinect but you did a really good job!

Keep up the good work!

Oli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 am 

ManyMotion wrote:
Hey Oscar

Really nice first capture! I know some people have trouble with the feet not tracking correctly with Kinect but you did a really good job!

Keep up the good work!

Oli

Thanks ManyMotion!

my problem with the feet is that it needs to be animated again (  Layering ) ,because now it is not rightly step to the floor its trough the floor when walking..

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://vimeo.com/53140583

here is my 2nd Test with ipisoft,
and this is my Tips after using ipisoft,maybe usefull :)

- never use a hoodie jacket with kinect again! its make some error with the actor hand..
- wear a beanie cap,because the reflection of the hair make some wiggle to the head bone in ipisoft..
- use more aggresive jittering removal.. in this video i use 1 jittering removal for the hands and foot.. and 3 for torso the result is that the foot and hand have some weird ( not smooth ) move..
- the actor must act more exaggerate so its capturing more live animation

thanks..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 pm 

Still some awesome stuff here Oscar! ESPECIALLY the moves you pull :D!

I haven't had chance to play with Kinect capture yet but I will certainly keep those points in mind.

Keep up the good work!

Oli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm 

oscarherry3d wrote:
- never use a hoodie jacket with kinect again! its make some error with the actor hand..
- wear a beanie cap,because the reflection of the hair make some wiggle to the head bone in ipisoft..
- use more aggresive jittering removal.. in this video i use 1 jittering removal for the hands and foot.. and 3 for torso the result is that the foot and hand have some weird ( not smooth ) move..

Nice tests Oscar!

Yes, hoodie is not a good idea. Studio is meant to work with a recognizable human body shape, so wearing clothing that changes body shape will reduce the effectiveness of the software. This includes baggy pants and other loose fitting clothing.

Regarding the configurable Jitter removal, I tend to use a lot more for the legs to keep the feet stable, and much less for the arms. If you put too much JR on the entire body, it can make things look too smooth and almost robotic--which is not necessarily wrong if that's what the user wants. :)

As for exaggeration, I find this to be true too. When we recorded the first tests for our current movie project, we found that subtle hand movements, such as when playing an instrument, tend to be smaller after tracking and would get completely lost after jitter removal was applied. So, yes, a little exaggeration can improve the performance.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:05 pm 

Oscar:

You are my new hero! Great job. I just got the Kinects and iPi and tried some mo - cap, but I haven't been as successful as you. Thanks for posting to show us all how it's done!

Here's a crazy question - what brand of treadmill is that? I'd like to get one. Is it noisy? Thanks!
Gochris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
oscarherry3d wrote:

Nice tests Oscar!

Yes, hoodie is not a good idea. Studio is meant to work with a recognizable human body shape, so wearing clothing that changes body shape will reduce the effectiveness of the software. This includes baggy pants and other loose fitting clothing.

Regarding the configurable Jitter removal, I tend to use a lot more for the legs to keep the feet stable, and much less for the arms. If you put too much JR on the entire body, it can make things look too smooth and almost robotic--which is not necessarily wrong if that's what the user wants. :)

As for exaggeration, I find this to be true too. When we recorded the first tests for our current movie project, we found that subtle hand movements, such as when playing an instrument, tend to be smaller after tracking and would get completely lost after jitter removal was applied. So, yes, a little exaggeration can improve the performance.

G.

Hey G!

yes,your tips on using more Jitter removal on the leg is very usefull! and much less for the arms,thanks G! :)

im still busy on another project now,i will post another test with ipi later! :)

Gochris wrote:
Oscar:

You are my new hero! Great job. I just got the Kinects and iPi and tried some mo - cap, but I haven't been as successful as you. Thanks for posting to show us all how it's done!

Here's a crazy question - what brand of treadmill is that? I'd like to get one. Is it noisy? Thanks!
Gochris

hey Chris! :) thanks a lot bro.. i dont know what brand is the treadmill,but it is very noisy haha

i will post more tips later,thanks broo :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:41 am 

ManyMotion wrote:
Still some awesome stuff here Oscar! ESPECIALLY the moves you pull :D!

I haven't had chance to play with Kinect capture yet but I will certainly keep those points in mind.

Keep up the good work!

Oli

thanks oli! :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]