Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Inversus Trailer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm 

Hello!
I wanted to share my work with you! It's my first "full" short animation done in 3d. Unfortunetly there' is only the trailer, as the film is submitted to animation festivals,
but i think i'll post the whole movie soon! It was done in maya and motion builder, animation with 6x ps3 cams. Software was licensed to my Academy! :D As they also bought the whole equipment especially for me I wanted to thank them!
The short is 6 min. 40 s. long. I also wanted to thank iPi Soft for making this great software!:D
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIADZX8HlFk

Attachments:
Inversus_Pano_1280.jpg
Inversus_Pano_1280.jpg [ 144.58 KiB | Viewed 6321 times ]

Post subject: Re: Inversus Trailer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Great work! Eager to see the full movie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 am 

That's a great look! Looking forward to seeing more.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 am 

Thank You! Maybe in two months or so, you'll get the whole thing. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:23 pm 

Looking real good man! Hope to see more soon!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 am 

Great great job, fantastic effects... I love it.

Would you accept telling us more about the workflow you use in order to get this stunning movie?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:54 am 

Yeah, sure, i could make a short making of, but unfortunetly my laptop is being repaired... Hope they fixed it soon!
For animation, it was preaty difficult, the capture space was very limited, about 4x3m for 4 cameras, and about 2x1,5m for 6 cams.

Thats why I needed to make heavy use of MB for clip cleaning/combining. For a whole walk from left to right i used 3, sometimes 6 clips.
As maya's mocap workflow was a bit difficult for me, i was concered about time and learning a new soft[mb]. But fortunately I've learned the basics really quick [Its a very intuitive tool, and everything works as you think it should work! :)] The whole Mocap session was shot in one day, that's the beauty of it!

The iPi DMC [v1.0] works really great in studio conditions. I mean If You layout as much space as possible for example with a bluescreen with good lightning you really can get amazing results! I've learned a lot now, and would like to make an tutorial, by making my next project to share my experience. Next important thing is actor clothing! If you get coloured, arms, forearms, legs, socks, separated by vivid colors the software almost never fails to proper track the motion. Floor actions, like crouching, laying on the floor weren't to succesful. Hope its much better in V2! Sad that i couldnt use the new multiple actor track function as V2 wasn't realesed by the time yet! :( I'm tuned to Keloid, what i saw in the trailer is stunning! Would like to see what the guys from BLR could get out of iPi!:)

The rest, modeling, putting it all together was completed in maya. Textures where half real-photo, half paintings. I used Painter for making smudges, as its brush engine give me what i wanted much faster and easier than photoshop. The short was rendered with maxwell 2.6 - but its network manager is just terrible! XD Thank's to a local rendering farm, about 1000 GHz fast, on a i7-2600k one 1080p frame took about 18 min. Outside Scene are great, the inner GI - killers as you see... But i don't think the noise is such a big deal, It just looks like old grainy film. Also the animation export of .mxs files is a mess, one frame - about 150mb x 10 000 files... The rendered data 32bit .mxi images where at about 80mb one, then composed in AE.

The old film scratches where recorder from a 35mm projector with a 1080p camera. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:35 pm 

The whole short:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxEM40-DhE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 pm 
iPi Soft

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 am 

A piece of art, congratulations! The animated coat was realized in Maya?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next