Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:00 am 

This was my very first attempt at a captured motion with 4 PS3 Eyes and imported custom character for demo.

http://youtu.be/omVdXDePkE0 (Unlisted Video)

See more in ISSUES index. (4 cam calibration issue).

All post processing done only with iPi Studios tools.

Small blips are from recording software and are not present in-scene on computer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:58 pm 

This was my first attempt at a captured motion with Dual Kinects (set 180 opposed) and imported custom character for demo.

http://youtu.be/c_ua2knVXwE (Unlisted Video)

All post processing done only with iPi Studios tools. (Same settings as above 4 Eyes capture).

Small blips are from recording software and are not present in-scene on computer.

Was testing 360 rotation, walk-able area between the 2 cameras and leg deform in a twisting squat. (used flexible spine option).

Cameras set lower than recommended (2 ft.), pointing slightly up to get fully extended arms raised from throughout capture area of approx 8 ft. x 8 ft. (not shown), arms and hands can extend further out, that is foot space area, but did work out fine, but when fitting actor, I had to ctrl+z back and adjust it a few times to get it to refit properly, after a few tries, popped right onto point cloud where it was needed.

Little issue with floor height matching actor and point cloud, which causes actors legs to look a bit stiff, I will test more to see if it was calibration issue or just an uncontrollable affect.

Your choice, if this is what outcome you desire, use dual Kinects, (I will for some captures), but you will need to speed the capture up in an external 3D program as output is 30 FPS Max.

I prefer the 4 PS Eyes, a bit more tedious setting up and larger file size recordings, (due to 60 FPS), but once set, the capture outcome is much better, to me anyway.

I can delete the recordings after final export anyway and free up that SSD space again if I want.

I am a bit late to the iPi game, but over-all I am impressed with iPi Studio and version 3 has been claimed to work out some of the issues of V2.

Kudos iPi Team!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:02 pm 

Move Controller accuracy test video... using 4 PS eyes.

http://youtu.be/Nkd8WPIjVCI

Tracked well inside iPi, controllers attached to back of hands with the easy wrapping method with ace bandages. (Description in Community Tutorials).

When added custom character, there was one area where tracking was different from video, but not bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm 

The orientation of the Move when using the sword prop inside iPi is different than when using the pistol prop, align Move accordingly with prop to hand before recording.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:42 pm 

Video reference tracking accuracy of iPi Rig and 4 PS Eyes. (Move controllers not used).

Video Link: http://youtu.be/H7wzSv-gHkc

Studio set up in a sun-room on West side of home, recorded before noon, with straw slat blinds, which creates full back lighting with minimal ground shadows and works well for me.

Contrasting clothing worn, then after actor analyzing performed, the arms, feet and hair color saturation was darkened a bit, seems to work better for tracking. (hands, face, top shirt and pants left as iPi analyzed).

Floor grid shown set properly, so reference video of feet aligned very closely to grid and actors feet on ground plane, if this isn't done, you will experience poor tracking and deformation of the legs and feet the further away, or closer you move to/from camera 1, when USE GROUND GRID box is checked, GUARANTEED!

You can uncheck Use Grid box, but I prefer to use it and have my grid set properly, it helps in foot tracking accuracy.

If your camera locations that appear in the calibration video DO NOT match very closely to where they are in-world, your calibration is wrong and you WILL have difficulties in aligning actor and with the tracking process. (You can see the cams in reference video match in-world camera location, My experience).

The actor should align very closely in height and position in at least 2 cameras, (I use the 2 front facing cameras, set as Cam 1 and 2 and Cam 1 set at 1.50 m (51 in.) above ground, rest are 2.438 m (8 ft.) above ground, but after calibration, iPi Studio shows them as 1.50/2.76 m, but that don't matter, because they appear exactly in video where they need to be and floor is properly set).

Some minimal manual advance forward key setting was used and then those areas ONLY, were refined forward, as that method causes jitter, refining forward eliminates it completely.

Applied to legs and head, 1 step of smoothing and arms applied 1 step of sharpening, rest were left default.

Applied 3 steps of trajectory smoothing to get the final result showed.

(When using 4 PS Eye Cams, if you need to use a lot of smoothing and jitter removal, then your tracking its self probably wasn't tracked well, in all my tests I had to use minimal jitter and trajectory smoothing)--(Using Kinects you may experience this needing to be increased slightly).

This is my experience, yours may differ, I am just showing how close the tracking of the iPi Rig came to the video reference in this example.

Outcome was very reasonable and very little post processing needed to achieve this result, even with crossing and close together hands and feet movements.

Waiting on version 3 to be released, which may be easier to calibrate and align.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm 

Showing a fast 360 spin with one XBOX 360, moving slightly away from the sensor, this can be achieved with minimal occlusion loss, keeping arms away from body and through some minimal re-tracking, turning view port to 90 degrees when re-tracked and some minimal manual key advancing on arms, the feet tracked well.

Showing of background containing full yellow areas, when background is removed to fit actor, all those areas disappear, but seemed to help depth capture, as the depth data of actor stood out when recorded.

Refine forward was only used on brief areas of track to reduce jitter after some manual tracking and 4 steps of trajectory smooth added to get this result.

Kinects tend to loose fast tracking actions, feet crossing and close to body movements, so track forward should be watched as it runs and stopped and re-fitted when necessary, then continue it.

Worked fairly well in this test, fitting of actor in T pose should be very accurate or refit pose once action starts to get as close as possible to depth cloud.

Your results may vary.

http://youtu.be/F6V63j3Nddk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:21 pm 

Showing different aspects of another recording.

Faster full 360 rotations, left and right with single XBOX 360 set at 2 feet off ground slightly tilted up.

http://youtu.be/XRzXcAujEK0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 am 

Showing a basically standing still capture with a single XBOX 360, with a simple knee bend to see how feet reacted.

Tracked Forward, no Refine Forward.

2 steps above default of jitter smoothing only to L/R legs.

2 steps of trajectory smoothing.

Very good result and could have manually cleaned it up even better easily.

http://youtu.be/49UlIjq3Jss

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]