Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Female Dance
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 pm 

Female dance done with iPi Studio 3 showing accuracy.

Low Poly character for testing.

Recorded with 5 PS Eye Cams in a specific configuration.

2 PS Moves used for hand motions.

YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/agzql8MI2Rs

Post subject: Re: Female Dance
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:05 pm 

That really great results, I'm very impressed of the accuracy you have achieved! Of course the choreography is also nice ;)

DfoG

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 pm 

Thanks, I wish I could take more credit, but the iPi Team seems to have been doing their homework, as all the heavy lifting is done by the program.

All I can say is I work with a good camera config./calibration, good dancers, and I clicked a few buttons :)

I also record video with JPG Compression @ 80% to keep file size down and also edit the videos even shorter before tracking them, this may not work for everyone.

This animation was never exported, fixed and reimported into iPi, in case you were wondering, any few/small manual corrections were done soley inside iPi Studio and using the internal tools. I get 90% or better tracking accuracy, arms are the biggest issue, but easily corrected for the few frames they rotate abnormally from the video.

JR was run at 0 on the torso and 1 on rest of body, and run with 0 trajectory smoothing.

Final you see is that with 5 on trajectory smoothing, I do this so on export to 3ds Max I have very little manual cleaning to do.

Dance performed by Heather from The House of Blues Orlando Florida :) she did the other heavy lifting :) and looks much better on a better character, this was just a test character.

I just posted the video to show what iPi Basic is easily capable of when correctly set up, good colors worn, good lighting and room and floor colors

I see so many people having issues with just subtle motions, but just know the program works well and you will eventually get great tracking results if you stick to it and try and make adjustments as warranted.

I will post another more complex dance tracking soon and I can do this consistently very easy now, I have been working with iPi Studio 3 since its release in Nov. and it did take me some frustration and corrections to get where I am now, mostly in the calibration and camera configuration.

iPi also had to work through some issues in the program, but the recent update is working fantastic now, Good Work iPi Team!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:56 am 

Another more complex movement dance with music.

No editing done yet outside of iPi Studio tools.

Video: http://youtu.be/1NnFLE4CXxY

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:48 pm 

Updated Video Quality and Character of above dance.

http://youtu.be/lcxrqNhAsm4 View in HD 1080

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:34 pm 

Another video with character overlay on performer to show how accurately it tracked her dance.

Some may believe I doctored/edited the last video somehow, but I haven't even exported any of these dances yet out of iPi Studio.

http://youtu.be/4Zt4nnDaXDg

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:02 pm 

Nice work! Previously this type of motion was tricky to do with Mocap Studio without a lot of fussing. It's exciting to how much the recent release has improved on tracking accuracy. :)

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 am 

It took the 5th camera positioning also with that update to the recorder to get it better.

With my set up now the program works pretty well, still a few sticky areas that may be worked on, but overall it's fine.

I am attempting to use as few cameras a possible and keep the smoothness in the tracking, processing speed and less drag on my system.

Once cleaned up a bit in external editor, final product is very good.

I am attempting a bit of break dancing performances soon, to see if other more trickier motions track as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:58 am 

Male breakdancing moves demo., recorded without Move controllers.

Minimal tracking editing done inside iPi only.

Low poly male character for demo.

Link: https://youtu.be/2_1uvqdHX1c

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:21 am 

That looks great! Thanks for sharing that and please keep posting. :)

A few years ago I recorded my daughter (five years old at the time) and this was the result:
Mocap with small child (1 meter tall)

This was originally done using iPi Desktop Motion Capture (1.0) and dual Kinects (experimental feature at the time,) and later re-tracked using Mocap Studio2. It was very tricky to track this motion in version 1.0--nearly impossible in fact--but with a little fussing this motion became more doable in 2.0.

After seeing your dance capture results, I'm curious to see how version 3.0 handles this same file.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next