Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 pm 

A simple test using iPi V3 and 1 Kinect V2.

Showing some extreme movements and how it tracks them.

I ran basic processing in iPi, (same settings I use with PS Eyes), made minimal adjustments while tracking, so to let be seen how the majority of the tracking looked on its own.

No Move controllers were used, BT adapter hasn't came yet :/

These type of moves would never have been tracked as clean as this came out with V1 kinects, using 2 of them even, especially not the feet.

Much more stable feet tracking, just much better overall.

Even some of the occlusion areas it maintained tracking pretty well, but of course it lost it in some areas completely, but understandable for just one camera.

Camera was set this time at 3ft 6in high with a very slight tilt down.

Furthest from camera stance was 13.5 ft, closest to camera with full body was 3 ft. approx.

I could capture in a volume of 10 ft x 12 approx., since room width is only max. 12 ft.

Link: https://youtu.be/drrYD2yEiVs ... View in HD

Same action unedited, except to fix the shoulders as iPi brings them into 3ds Max rotated back to much always.

Funny tracking of the neck, but was only 1 camera and no editing, any of these errors can be corrected fairly easily.

Link: https://youtu.be/PkT2BB9W6GI ... View in HD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:22 am 

Showing (1) Kinect V2 tracking results at different camera heights.

Head tracking on, shoulders by video and very flex spine options used.

No editing done, just a few tracking refits, when loss of tracking occurred.

360 degree rotations tracking, pretty good.

JR run on all at 1 across all body parts at 0 TF..

Record/Playback with TF set on 5.

Not bad results at all, if you have used a Kinect before, they do loose tracking easier than PS Eyes, but if watch the tracking and catch the areas, it's easy to correct and
continue on tracking.

2 or more cameras, I could see tracking very well now, actually has made me want to invest in one more cam, but need to make sure my Laptop can handle the recording.

Link: http://youtu.be/abpIxmjVSqo ... View in HD (Uploading now, very slow, it will be a few minutes for viewing)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 am 

Test with camera set at 5.5 ft angled downward approx. 20 degrees, this height gives a bit longer range, 15 ft. from the camera and better coverage of the volume.

Captions in video.

For better head tracking, I think a Move controller on the head would still be better with Kinects or manually edited after export.

Link: http://youtu.be/SSXSICB4f1s ... View in HD

This and above videos are just tests for different camera heights and tracking I got, your results may vary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 am 

Quick dance recorded with 1-Kinect V2, shown on a female character.

Camera set at 3 ft. tilted down slightly approx. 10 degrees, 12 ft. from performer.

No editing outside of iPi Studio 3.

Move controllers used on hands.

360 rotation

30fps

AMT used, head tracking on, shoulders by video and very flex spine.

Link: http://youtu.be/IQBGAIsxCdY ... View in HD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:22 am 

Does the TF go to 0 or below?

To find out, select the hips put it on rotate, then press cntrl shift down, several times,

Is the motion bumpy now?

If so thats good, thats raw mocap data,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 am 

I didn't record that video with 0 TF no, but it will go there yes. Just with the Kinects only having a 30fps, it looks a bit slower, since I didn't boost the speed in another editor a bit to compensate.

This was recorded with the same filtering settings I use for the PS Eyes tracking and shown with TF on 5.

I don't mind iPis' filtering, it works well, but if I use it and then use ACP in Webanimate, it gives adverse results, with no filtering used on export and just ACP I wasn't getting as good of results as using iPi filtering with low settings, (that's just my opinion), I just have to wait a few minutes for it to process it. It's faster if using the Kinects over the Eyes of course, but the Eyes are very accurate compared to the KV1's or KV2, but the KV2 has (almost) made me want to switch to them.

I haven't tried Webanimate with no filtering yet with the KV2, but I will soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:20 am 

1 - Kinect V2 tracking of a 360 degree circle walk-cycle.

Head, shoulders and very flex spine tracked.

Minimal edit inside iPi Studio 3 on purpose, could have easily done more corrections, used refine backward (then made slight corrections), RF again.

1 on JR on all @ 0 TF, TF 5 on playback.

This is a very good result, even though some arm glitches, that would be easily corrected more right in iPi, or later in a 3d editor.

Cam at 3 ft., depth cloud adjusted to right above floor grid to match feet.

Link: http://youtu.be/9pfU4z3B9iQ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:15 am 

That looks great for a single sensor capture! iPi and the Kinect has certainly come a long ways since the early days with the original Kinect sensor.

When we made 'Happy Box' a few years ago, we started with iPi DMC 1.0 and a single v1 sensor. The results were okay but 360 walks were very tricky. In fact, we made a version of the 360 'chainsaw dance' but it was totally cheated since we didn't have to show the legs. It actually look really good but, luckily, the beta for dual Kinect support started while we were in production. In the final film, most of the scenes were recaptured using the dual system (including the 'chainsaw dance') but we left a few single Kinect scenes alone.

It all looked a little 'wiggly' and since our schedule was limited, we just embraced it and called it 'Wiggly Vision'. Since that time, I'm happy to say iPi Mocap Studio's Configurable Jitter Removal has also improved considerably. (I almost miss 'Wiggly Vision' though.) :)

Anyway, you're single v2 tests have gotten me even more excited about our own upcoming v2 tests. Thanks for sharing the results of your tests.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:34 am 

Big Biker Guy Dance animation with Kinect V2, Autodesk Character Creator character, looks though toe didn't weight right, but that's a minor issue.

I purposely looked down at the start, but head is easy to layer to whatever later, just did it to show mesh reaction.

No manual corrections were made, just Refine Backwards, Hand Move data, (head tracked by video), and JR at 1, replay on TF 5.

Hand gestures added on last scene.

This is just what was recorded, never exported from iPi Studio 3.

Link: http://youtu.be/FVK8FnxSfBg

Very good results for no cleanup at all from 1 - Kinect.

Kinect animations slow down outside of iPi Studio, so a bump in speed is needed in 3d editor, as was always needed with 30fps Kinect capturing.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]