Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 pm 

Hi, guys!

I just want to show off my latest visual effects demo reel, which features work I created as a freelance VFX artist and animator for The Asylum during 2013 to 2014. If you don't already know, The Asylum is a movie studio best known for their Sharknado films and the SyFy TV zombie-fest Z-Nation.

In 18 intense months, I worked on 18 films and created approximately 280 effects shots. I found working at The Asylum to be one of the most challenging gigs ever, but they have a fantastic team of artists, and I had a lot of fun working with them.

To keep this post on-topic, yes, iPi Mocap Studio was definitely used in some of my Asylum work. Most notably, there are my three 'Kolossus' shots featured in the reel (that's the giant Attack-On-Titan-esque robot), and a bunch of digital stunt double work scattered throughout various other movies. These performances were recorded in my living room using dual and triple Kinect For Windows sensors.

In a few weeks, I'm going to post a special article on my website that breaks down and explains how many of these shots were created, including my infamous 'shark splitter' scene, and of course a few scenes where I used iPi Mocap Studio.

In the meantime, please enjoy my reel!

Here's the link: D.R. Greenlaw: My 'The Asylum' VFX Demo Reel (2015)

(And now that I've gotten this long-overdue project out of the way, I can finally get back to using Mocap Studio for my own movies. Yay!)

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]