Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 pm 

So I can import it into 3ds max as bones or a character studio biped.. that is nice.. and I can import the EVOLVER avater into 3dsmax as a FBX.... So How do I go about saying.. I want this bone from ipisoft to be assigned to THAT bone from the avatar model...

I was googlling 'retarget bones' ... I could not find anything... or is there another workflow to combine these ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:34 am 
iPi Soft

Hello!

You can send your avatar model to us and we'll prepare motion transfer profile for you. Or you can try to do it your self. To take an idea about bone names of iPi Studio build-in model please take a look:
http://www.ipisoft.com/en/wiki/index.php?title=File:Default_rig_with_names.png

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 am 

Ok.. ill email it to you.. I see that diagram.. but my question is how??

And since your program already can do what I want to do.. that is.. combining thme.... can you have a export that exports them together some how ? If I can get this all working ill defintly but this product.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 pm 

Yes it exports as a FBX with the Mesh and Bones together.

Do this.

Import the Evolver Target Character into iPi Via FBX or DAE.

THen when done Transferring the body Motion, Export Take by Right Clicking the Take Bar. THis will only export the FBX of your Whole Evover Character with Mesh and Animation.

I can show you how if you like. Please show me your Evolver Avatar.

I have several that I use all the time.

You can also buy the 2 kinect version when your ready at http://www.truebones.com
punkouter wrote:
Ok.. ill email it to you.. I see that diagram.. but my question is how??

And since your program already can do what I want to do.. that is.. combining thme.... can you have a export that exports them together some how ? If I can get this all working ill defintly but this product.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:49 am 

GREAT! thats what i was looking for... now my next goal is.. how do I get this bone based object into a CAT object?? I think anyone is using CAT here.. I just started.. .So I assume there is someway to transfer the motions.... and the mesh ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm 

in CAT do you mean Character Animation Tools for SoftImage?

Or do you mean like a CAT Quadraped?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:42 pm 

it is for 3dsmax and other packages as well (CAT)

From smoe more learning.. I have figured out that CAT maps bones .. and since your bipeds can be differnt I think it is impossible to automatically import a working motion onto cat... Look like you have to mess with scaling and other parts...

But the quickest way is doing the evolver + ipisoft and exporting the take as a BVH... Everything is there working... But I think the downside is the bones are just dummy objects in 3dsmax so seems like it could be hard to make adjustments to them...

But since I do have that working the next part is get code to load that animated FBX into a XNA project

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]