Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 am 

Hello everybody, I don't know, but sometimes you need to import custom models for mocap from Source Engine and then you try to import it, programm give you error or model is wrong flipped.

So, first of all, IPI Recorded won't load your .SMD file, if it was exported with 3ds Max or other programms, just compile your model (if you done changes with mesh\rig) and decompile it, and load it in IPI Recorder or easily export your model in FBX format. Second thing is that your model can be rotated in 90 degrees after importing in recorder, just try to change up Axis to another one. After loading your custom rig model in recorder, just manually attach bones. That's all. Hope it's usefull.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:19 pm 

I would sugguest using my 3DS Max biped Valve rig

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4928

Or if you are using another skeleton that has a diferent size create the same thing with a biped inside of your character what has all the Valve bones linked to the biped ones. Then you would just export the animation from ipi soft as a .bvh import it into 3dsmax and apply it to the biped. The biped would then move the valve bones which are under it and then you can export your animation or even tweak it more.

Another method I came up with is to motion transfer using motionbuilder which would involve transfering the motion from the ipi rig to the valve biped rig you are using.

Hope this helps, if you need more help please ask.

Lead of Operation Reaper
http://projectreaper.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 am 

cra0kalo wrote:
I would sugguest using my 3DS Max biped Valve rig

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4928

Or if you are using another skeleton that has a diferent size create the same thing with a biped inside of your character what has all the Valve bones linked to the biped ones. Then you would just export the animation from ipi soft as a .bvh import it into 3dsmax and apply it to the biped. The biped would then move the valve bones which are under it and then you can export your animation or even tweak it more.

Another method I came up with is to motion transfer using motionbuilder which would involve transfering the motion from the ipi rig to the valve biped rig you are using.

Hope this helps, if you need more help please ask.

I'm working with 3ds Max for a long time and method with transfering .bvh file on ValveBiped rig isn't good for me. In my opinion my method is easier and it takes less time, it works fine with Mass Effect 3 rig on Miranda's model, Witcher's 2 rig with Iorweth. And you can export it as .smd, load your characters mesh, import animation and edit keyframes as you want.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm 

You can always just import the animation into motionbuilder and work from there

Lead of Operation Reaper
http://projectreaper.com

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 pm 

I would suggest you to import from other source or you should import the animation into motionbuilder. I think it will work.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]