Change font size
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 pm 

Yeah, I didn't want to disassemble them either for a long time, one reason was because the way you hold them in the palm, the board inside would be perpendicular to the hand, so I was thinking it needed to be that way to calibrate them correctly, but found it doesn't and flat on top of hand works the same for calibration, just lay gloves out flat on palm as possible and press the blister button.

I just knew for my purpose I didn't need all the extra stuff attached to the boards, or the casing, so took a chance it could all be removed to bare bones and the thing still work with iPi, and they did and work well, so I am happy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:56 pm 

Firstly, sorry for the huge photo attachments. Wish the forum compressed these to fit better from my iPhone.

I want to cross examine everything about this idea of disassembling the Moves for gloves. Might be difficult to visualize everything from descriptions and a couple of photos but it's already confirmed in some capacity that the Moves work without most of the parts. In some kind of glove and possibly head configuration, I'm excited to see if it all works! the more that I can take away and have the appearance of PRO tools like "Move gloves", the easier I think it's going to work with the actors. It was a tough choice to take this one Move apart but I'm hopeful I can glove it with the knowledge shared here. Might have questions about materials but I'll read over the forum posts here to learn what I can before I repeat questions already answered. Thanks:)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm 

yeah, now that I know it works, if I used head mounted Move, I would definitely attach it to some kind of headband or tie type head wrap, probably on the side of the head instead of the top, but would work either way.

I have faith you can manage it, it's easier than it may look from scratch and I did try to list everything I did in the post to fairly easily decipher it.

Another guy saw the design and wants to 3D print some kind of smaller case, so waiting to see what he comes up with later, but that's still going to add more bulk, and there is really nothing that needs that much protection on them on top of the hand or on a headband, I was always gentle with them before, didn't just throw them around.

Hit me on my email if you have any questions.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2