Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Macbook
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:21 pm 

Hi,
I want to connect ps3 to a new macbookpro. A Macboo has 4 thunderbolt ports.

I'll try to use an adapter. I found this adapter

https://www.amazon.de/AUKEY-Adapter-Anschlüssen-Chromebook-Pixelbook/dp/B0772GJ25R/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533151781&sr=8-1&keywords=AUKEY+CB-C64

I asked the manufacturer if I could connect 3 cameras at the same time. That is the answer.

Dear Tom,
Thank you for your message.
The output of every USB ports is 5V, 0.9A. If the current of your sony camera ps3 isn't over 5V, 0.9A, then you can use it.
If you want to use 3 cameras at the same time, please connect the cameras one by one. After one is recognized by computer, then connect the second, then the third.
If you need any other help, please just contact us.

I don't know what power the ps3 has, and what you think it will work.

Post subject: Re: Macbook
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
PS3 Eye cameras consume standard USB 2.0 5V 0.5A current, so should fit into limitations described.
Be aware that there may be compatibility issues with USB controller not related to insufficient input power. Unfortunately it's hard to tell before actually trying.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:02 am 

Hello,
I installed Windows 10 on Macbook Pro. Windows is installed using Boot Camp.
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB.

I have the following problem plugging in Kinect 2 to ipisoft. Recorder sees Kinect, but the frame rate is 1/2 frame. Surprisingly, every now and then Kinect turns off and on.

There is software Kinect Studio in the system. In this software everything looks ok, there is no problem with the frame rate. It looks like Windows sees the Kinect correctly. It seems that Ipi Recorder sees Kinect incorrectly. You have an idea.

Greetings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 am 
iPi Soft

TOmSS wrote:
Surprisingly, every now and then Kinect turns off and on.

Does that issue appear only when running iPi Recorder, or in other programs too? It looks more like hardware/drivers issue than software.

I guess you've got integrated Intel graphics in your laptop in addition to descrete AMD. If so, please ensure that KinectService.exe program uses AMD graphics. You should be able to adjust settings for individual programs in AMD control panel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:10 am 

Hi,
problem only in Ipi Recorder. Kinect Studio, shows bones in real time in 3D view. That's why I think it's not a problem with the usb driver.

Yes, the macbook has two cards and switches automatically, at least on MacOS. Check it in windows.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 am 

After switching on ipi recorder Kinect starts up and has status ready. It works and doesn't switch off.

When the recorder video is switched on, after a few seconds the kinct switches off for a moment, then it starts again. This happens in a circle. When it switches off, the window pops up. "See what's going on with this device" This window disappears when Kinect restarts.

Radeon R9 is running. It seems that windows does not use the Intel Iris penalty. I'm not experienced in windows. In Radeon settings I haven't found a place where you can set which applications coexist with radeon. How to check it?

Can a worse graphics card cause such behavior. Switch off the device.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 am 
iPi Soft

Regarding selection of used graphics card, please use the following article as a reference
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-017.aspx

Also, have you tried depth only mode in iPi Recorder? Does it make a difference?
You can selected video mode in a drop down in the toolbar on Setup screen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 am 

Hi,
Windows only uses Radeon R9. It is not a matter of choosing a card

Tracking a file from one Kinect is 3 frames per second. I got the file from your side, Ipi Studio works well.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]