Change font size
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 12   [ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Setting up ps3 mover
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:29 am 

Snapz wrote:

You can set Actor height when opening the project, or in the Actor tab with the height slider.
Quote:
Thankyou !

Head is looking up because it is trying to reach the black color, but the helmet area the head is on is whitish, so pull the hat to cover the whole helmet next time.
Quote:
Soory i didnt se that.. it should cover the whole helmet off course...yes i had a lot off rubberbands holding the move tighten to the helm ...

I would really suggest a better head device to hold the Move, but for now it is what you have, you can probably just pull the knit cap down snug right over the Move on your head and it will stay in place fairly well for testing purposes, as long as it doesn't move around under the cap while performing, which it shouldn't if cap is tight enough and look for a better head mount, or at least paint that helmet a darker color, darker colors work better than lighter colors with iPi.
Quote:
Ill by Another one in black and make an arrangement where the move sitts tight on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 am 

Yes, if going to stick with that style helmet, you can use silicone to hold the Move to it, but this way also needs drying time of 6 or more hours, but will hold it in place well, or long zip ties as well will work instantly.

I might just as well suggest a simple adjustable ball cap, so you can make it fit very snug to the head, then just use long zip ties, 2-4, around it and through the cap over the ear placement, it will remain really secure that way and is a much more comfortable and easy to use solution, even when bending the head downward, the Move doesn't weight that much and the ear placement holds it snug to the head.

Just a suggestion, ultimately up to you what to use.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am 

Snapz wrote:

Yes, if going to stick with that style helmet, you can use silicone to hold the Move to it, but this way also needs drying time of 6 or more hours, but will hold it in place well.

I might just as well suggest a simple adjustable ball cap, so you can make it fit very snug to the head, then just use long zip ties, 2-4, around it and through the cap over the ear placement, it will remain really secure that way and is a much more comfortable and easy to use solution, even when bending the head downward, the Move doesn't weight that much and the ear placement holds it snug to the head.

Just a suggestion, ultimately up to you what to use.

Yes thats seems to be a very good solution..with this big helmet i use for now i cannot move my head naturally…. thankyou ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:01 pm 

If using the ball cap, be sure the zip ties go through the band top and bottom of the Move and need to all be placed just in the middle of the controller length, so the cap still bends and forms to the head comfortably, understand?

It's not hard to achieve though, the Move basically braces itself to the head, cap just holds it in position, ball cap has to be a very snug fit on head though.

I use a tie type biker head wrap, but I also stripped my Moves out of the cases to just the circuit boards and batteries, not sure that type head wrap would work with a full cased Move, but it may and it can be tied very snug.

You also don't have to match the Move instance in the scene to the position on the video, but you can if you want, but it won't make any difference in the Data positioning once applied, just leave it on the top of the Actors head in scene and spin it to match the correct rotation horizontally, it may look like it is pointing upward some on the Actor, but don't worry too much about that, that just depends on how flat you mount it on the cap, but it will still apply the data, then you can just adjust the head bone down on the start frame if want it down more throughout the timeline and re-apply the data.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm 

Snapz wrote:

If using the ball cap, be sure the zip ties go through the band top and bottom of the Move and need to all be placed just in the middle of the controller length, so the cap still bends and forms to the head comfortably, understand?
Quote:
yes it will follow the head in the same x y z direction as my heads move. so when i stand up and look stright forwad so will the move do and when iscrew my head eg 45 degrees to the left in the same horisontal position the move will follow exactly the same way.. its like my ronin-m gimbal ...when turning the gimbal upp and down... left or right ..the camera follows exactly..if you balanced the camera in the right way from the beginning

Last edited by funwithps3 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:32 pm 

Correct, I just wanted to explain when attaching it to the cap, or head wrap, whichever you choose, probably best to use 4 zip ties, basically all near the center point on the Move, long enough to wrap the Move and have enough to pull it very tight, snip excess off after.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:37 pm 

Snapz wrote:

Correct, I just wanted to explain when attaching it to the cap, or head wrap, whichever you choose, probably best to use 4 zip ties, basically all near the center point on the Move, long enough to wrap the Move and have enough to pull it very tight, snip excess off after.

Yes then the mover is secured on the head whatever kind of action motions i do....
btw.. is this mover build nearly the same as a sensor that you put on your body.. following you.. what ever you do. The mover only shows rotations but the sensor follows you `is it possible to use a sensor instead of the mover ? i dont mean a motion capture system..what i mean is the programm able to develop movements in the same way as it recognice rotations ?

Last edited by funwithps3 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:42 pm 

Would be more secure with a tie type wrap for more motions I believe, but as I said, I have not tested it with a fully cased Move, with the ball cap, if it isn't very snug, some fast or extreme motions may not be as possible, but for basic natural motion it should be fine, if snug fitting.

Much cheaper than a full other bike helmet to achieve the same outcome anyway.

No, it isn't possible to use an IMU sensor, even though does the same thing, iPi doesn't support them at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:00 pm 

Snapz wrote:

Would be more secure with a tie type wrap for more motions I believe, but as I said, I have not tested it with a fully cased Move, with the ball cap, if it isn't very snug, some fast or extreme motions may not be as possible, but for basic natural motion it should be fine, if snug fitting.

Much cheaper than a full other bike helmet to achieve the same outcome anyway.

No, it isn't possible to use an IMU sensor, even though does the same thing, iPi doesn't support them at this time.

yes .. thats why i do like this setup.. ps3 cams i paid 10 USD each, mover a Little more expensive…. monopods 20 usd each .. and so i look at yours formidable video every day...and i compare with the XENSE system and the only differense i notice is 6000 USD.. and if there is any doubt about the ipisoft systenm with ps3 cams they can read this "setting up ps3 mover" on and on again….

You made my day Snapz :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 pm 

I've used bicycle helmets and a hard hat.

Bicycle helmets work well if you get the kind with slots on top. This way you can use a wide heavy duty velcro strap to fix the Move in place. Here's a picture of my first setup using a bicycle helmet:

http://littlegreendog.com/2013/04/10/on ... rn-a-head/

In this one, I used a piece of foam between the helmet and controller to hold it steadier against the curved plastic. The velcro strap makes it easy to remove for recharging and calibration.

Later, I switched to a $6 hard hat with a removable rachet suspension:

http://littlegreendog.com/2013/04/19/mo ... et-update/

For this version, I cut slots in the top of the hat for the velcro strap. I also added a chin strap to hold the helmet in place. Make sure you use a stretching kind and not a rigid strap. A rigid strap may be more firm but it keeps your jaw closed which isn't very comfortable. A stretching strap isn't as firm but it helps. It's actually more important to have a hat that has an adjustable head strap inside--a good inside strap will do more to hold the hat in place without jiggling. Like with the bike helmet, you might notice that I have a small foam pad between the controller and the hat. This is the setup I've depended on for many years.

Recently, I switched back to using a bicycle helmet. I found a good one for about $15 at Costco. and the chin strap holds the helmet in place and is comfortable. There's also a dial in the back to tighten the strap around the head. I haven't used this new setup yet but plan to give it a try this evening.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 12   [ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next