Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:21 am 

I would like to see some sample trackings using this update before I invest the time in buying again, I know what dual did using 2 machines, and I suspect it should be similar results, but since others already have this set up and running, maybe they can post a vid or 2 doing just a range of motions, walking around some, sitting on chair and floor, stuff like that.

I would only use this set up for basic daily motions, nothing extreme, I have PS Eyes for that, but slower daily type motions and a faster tracking speed would be of interest to me, because just 1 Kv2 doesn't cut it and dual machines before was just not optimal.

Hoping someone can post a vid or 2, exported to an external 3D package on a character would be great, but just importing character into iPi is fine too :)

If I do test them again, sure I would post my results in videos and post any issue I may run into using the update, any info. helps for other users to refer to.

Thanks to those that do the same.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:28 pm 

Snapz wrote:
I would like to see some sample trackings using this update before I invest the time in buying again, I know what dual did using 2 machines, and I suspect it should be similar results...

Oh, I totally agree...if there's any improvement in quality from using dual Kinect 2 sensors, it's because of recent improvements with the tracker, not because both Kinect sensors are on the same computer. I'm more interested in seeing results from using 3 to 4 Kinect 2 sensors. I except the results with more sensors to be more accurate then but probably still not as good as using 6+ PS3 Eye cameras in an optimal environment.

My interest in pursuing better results with depth sensors is because I have a less than optimal environment for video cameras. For me, the depth sensors have always been a more practical solution. I just want it to be a little better. I think 3 sensors will probably solve more occlusion problems but I have a feeling I won't see much difference with 4 sensors.

Quote:
Hoping someone can post a vid or 2, exported to an external 3D package on a character would be great, but just importing character into iPi is fine too :)

I'll try to do that this evening. At the moment, I'm busy recording videos for another animation program, which should warm me up for recording practice videos for Mocap Studio later. :)

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:20 pm 

I see there's a new 4.2.2 release for Recorder. Will try it tonight.

Quote:
- Infinite continuous auto-refreshing of device list on home screen when using libfreenect2 to work with Kinect v2 via UsbDk driver.

I guess this is what I was seeing described above. Thanks for the fix!

Quote:
- Device lost during background evaluation when using libfreenect2 to work with multiple Kinect v2 devices via UsbDk driver.

I ran into that one last week. Will check if this still happens tonight.

As a matter of fact, I'll re-test dual Kinect 2 with this release on the laptop and see if it works better there. (Dual Kinect 2 currently works fine on my desktop.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 am 

Thanks for all the details of your tests with dual Kinect 2 sensors, Greenlaw. I may be trying this setup out later this week, and it's reassured me that the process is well-documented and seems straightforward. Useful to read comments on additional USB cards, if required, too.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:35 am 

Just a quick question here if I may.. Do you need to have 2 usb 3 ports for this to work?

I only have one blue port on my machine..

Is it possible to have 2 kinect V2's on the same machine without the 2 blue ports?

Do I still need 2 blue ports and Windows 10? for it to work?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 am 

Turbones wrote:
Just a quick question here if I may.. Do you need to have 2 usb 3 ports for this to work?

I only have one blue port on my machine..

Is it possible to have 2 kinect V2's on the same machine without the 2 blue ports?

Do I still need 2 blue ports and Windows 10? for it to work?

Thanks

It's not the number of ports you have that matters, it's the number of USB controllers. You should have a separate USB 3 controller card for each Kinect 2 you want to connect to your computer.

For example, if your computer has a USB 3 controller on the motherboard, that will work fine for a single Kinect 2, but you will need to install another USB 3 controller card for each additional Kinect 2 you want to use.

The alternative for Kinect 2 is to use a separate USB 3 capable computer for each device.

The blue port means it's a USB 3 port, which is what you need for each Kinect 2.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 am 
iPi Soft

Yes, each Kinect v2 should be connected to USB 3.0 port. Probably you could use USB 3.0 splitter to get it working but I think you'll get some bandwidth problems in this case.
For the desktop, you can install additional USB 3.0 PCIe card.
Regarding OS, should work on Windows 8+.

In addition to @Greenlaw it's not always a number of USB controllers. We found that some of built-in controllers (for instance, modern Intel in chipsets of 200 series) allow to connect 2 Kinects v2.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 am 

Thats great information, thanks for confirming.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:59 am 

vmaslov wrote:
In addition to @Greenlaw it's not always a number of USB controllers. We found that some of built-in controllers (for instance, modern Intel in chipsets of 200 series) allow to connect 2 Kinects v2.

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for correcting my information.

I recently upgraded my workstation with a new motherboard. I have an extra USB 3 card in the box but it never occurred to me that I might be able to plug two Kinect 2 sensors on that box. Will give it a try this weekend and report the result.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 am 

Just one (two) question(s).
Lets say we already have 2 PC-s with single kinect 2 each. If we purchase 3rd kinect2 and set it up on machine 1, will that combination work? (2 on one plus 1 on slave)
And if that works, do we need pro licence upgrade?
Ty!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next