Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:44 am 

They just showed off some new hardware for the xbox 360 at E3 a few days ago and it made me think of iPi Soft. I don't know if you would be able to use this thing or not but either way I sense future markerless mocap changing quite a bit. They have not detailed what it's using but my guess is an actual 3D camera coming to market. I'm excited on my end for this technology and a bit dismayed that the perceived value of character animation will plummet if this is adapted (and it will be) to be used for driving character rigs. They already demoed that it can recognize multiple people in a scene and said that it could possibly even recognize finger movement. O.O
This is a link to their "vision" for natal... there are other vids on the site though that show actual stage demos
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... atal/50014
this is the article I just read that said they could do fingers.
http://kotaku.com/5279531/microsoft-pro ... ee-fingers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 am 

Some articles assume that Microsoft is using the 3D camera from a company they acquired recently (3DV).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am 

Yup. I just checked out some new articles and it is the Zcam. Very cool stuff. I watched an old tech demo demonstration back when they were still 3DV and it was pretty neat back then too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:18 pm 
iPi Soft

Thanks for the link. We are experimenting with this technology. The camera itself is not as accurate as it may seem from Microsoft's demos. However,it has lots of potential and we plan making a version of our software for Natal camera when it becomes available in retail.

Here is picture of ZCam (pre-Natal version) in iPi Soft office:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:56 pm 

how about making sure ur software work before jumping the gun? Trapflow.com, i'm starting a new mocap project, open-source for anyone who is interested. It'll take some time, but I'll try to keep everyone up to date. I'm saying goodbye to this garbagggee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am 
iPi Soft

trapflow wrote:
how about making sure ur software work before jumping the gun? Trapflow.com, i'm starting a new mocap project, open-source for anyone who is interested. It'll take some time, but I'll try to keep everyone up to date. I'm saying goodbye to this garbagggee.

You are funny.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]