Change font size
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Work Flow
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm 

I have been following this motion capture system for a little less than a year now and just recently made the big dive and purchased it. Thanks and congratulations for all your hard work in making this available to all of us Michael. I have the 4 PS3 Eye Cameras on order and should be arriving next week. I have read that we also need some amplified USB cables? I remember someone posted a link to egghead.com but I can't find that post anywhere. So here are some questions I have:

1) Do I need amplified USB cables and if so where is the best place to purchase them?

I want to use my laptop for capturing motion files as it would be the most mobile and easiest to set up. The problem I see now is that it only has 3 USB ports so I will need to split one.

2) Can I use my laptop and if so what special hub would I need for best results?

Since my desktop has a much more powerful CPU and graphics card I would like to use this for processing the motion data.

3) Can I use my laptop for capturing and my desktop for processing?

Thanks for all your help...

Post subject: Re: Work Flow
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 pm 

Ordered four 16' active usb cables from newegg.com today. Apparently you have to be really careful what you buy because there were some that were just crap and received terrible reviews. Also, order 1 powered usb hub since I only have 3 usb hubs on my laptop. Looks like I should be good to go by July!

Just finished up the beta testing for Zign Track 2 facial motion tracking software so I am eager to start.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]