Change font size
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am 

Hi,

I just looked at my first mocap results using iPi Studio 1.0 and the PS3 cameras and, wow! I'm very impressed! Can't wait to start using this system for one of my short film projects. There are a couple of bugs to fix and a few workflow improvement features I'd like to see in a future release, and I'll describe those in the appropriate forum section, but even as it is right now, I am very excited about iPi Studio.

Congratulations on getting version 1.0 out the door and keep up the great work guys!

Greenlaw

P.S., I'll post my test results along with an article on my website in the upcoming weeks, and I'll be sure to announce it here.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm 

Greenlaw - I'd be very interested in your results.

And especially a workflow for getting the mocap from ipi into Lightwave, as JimmyRIG certainly seems to be in indefinite delay mode.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:16 pm 

McWannabe wrote:
Greenlaw - I'd be very interested in your results.

And especially a workflow for getting the mocap from ipi into Lightwave, as JimmyRIG certainly seems to be in indefinite delay mode.

Thanks!
Yes, I'll post all my findings! Tonight I'll record a few more actions and then start experimenting with getting these targeted to other rigs and characters for rendering.

I'm not sure what's going on with J|R Pro, but I'll send them my iPi .bvh files when I'm ready. Maybe that will help encourage them to finally release the Pro version beta to us J|R users.

Greenlaw

Post subject: JimmyRig
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:44 pm 

Talk about a high risk program. I thought it was a tragedy when Antics shut down their activation servers and now if anything happens to my system (i.e. upgrading) then its lost forever. With JR when the servers go down then the software doesn't work period. That's ridiculous and the reason why I didn't buy in at the beta level. I refuse to purchase software that makes you maintain a internet connection. I have two computers on my desktop. One is for internet surfing and the other is for graphics and is not connected to the internet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 pm 

The guys at Origami Digital stated a while back that they were changing their protection system to satisfy current customers. I'm not sure when the new system will be in place, but there you go.

G.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:54 pm 

How long ago did they make that statement?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm 

It was quite a long time ago...maybe a year ago? I'll see if I can find the announcement. It's probably mentioned in their forums too, though I don't think they ever went into much detail about what the new licensing scheme would be.

I know a lot of the delay with J|R Pro and the new licensing scheme had to do conflicts with a production delivery (they've always been clear that they are a post facility first and software company second,) and also with moving the facility to a new location, but those events happened quite a while ago too.

FWIW, the long wait for Pro has been disappointing but I'm way past that. I'm still looking forward to J|R Pro, but there are other ways to mix and edit iPi DMC motion files that I'm looking into now. :p

And now, back to the topic...

Today I knocked out a little script for my first short film to use iPi Studio, and started storyboarding it, so I'm pretty happy right now. More info at a later date on the LGD website. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:51 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
Today I knocked out a little script for my first short film to use iPi Studio, and started storyboarding it, so I'm pretty happy right now.

Its always a good feeling to see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Just when I get ready to set up we get real busy at work and I don't have time. Maybe after the holiday we slow down again...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 am 

Yes, I know exactly what that's like. :p

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]