Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 am 

Hi all,

Just discovered your software , that's exactly what I was waiting for since 2 years. I only tested it a bit, but it looks really promising.

Now I can't stop my imagination and I don't know if you guys have thought about Infrared tracking ? Not to replace your markerless system, but to add to it. Cause I think the aim of your system is both flexibility and relatively low budget.

Why IR ? Well, the idea comes from the numerous possible uses of the Wii Remote. When we think about Wii remotes, everyone talks about gyros, accelerometers, etc. But that's not the best part. Basically, a Wii remote is a Hi-def Hi-speed IR camera. It runs at 100 fps and I think its resolution is 1024*768.

I don't know its price today but that's reaaaaaally cheap for such an awesome feature. Of course it's an IR only cam, sadly.

I'm not an expert into this, but considering its high speed, rez and FOV, it could easily tracks a few points, like head, or hands articulation, or props, or... ?

What convinced me is Freetrack. I use it often with a Wiimote and it's really super duper precise.

So any feedback about an eventual implementation ?

Of course it's only R&D stuff but the concept can be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:37 am 

In that system you would limited to a single camera.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]