Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Clothing ? Actor ?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 pm 

Ok yesterday I spent quite a few hours with IPI, I am working with 2 standalone cameras ( canon powershot ) that are synced using the remote trigger ( a USB trigger ) so they sync good, anyhow I check, I am recording a 320x240 video then I join it with another software, so it all works with IPI studio.

I did a calibration video, and well that worked good, it recognized where the cameras where.

then I did a couple of tests, first of all I realized that to do that just wearing boxers does not work, so I got clothed.

I wore some blue jeans and a red long sleeve shirt, then I adjusted the actor and whatnot, at the start it saw everything as it was supposed.

but then as the recognition progressed, the movement started fading, and fading until, what I was left was the avatar having a mind of it's own, I think it is related with the clothes that I am wearing, so I would like some advice on what clothes to wear, specially the pants.

from what I see the clothes have to have a high contrast against the background, or things will fade.

ALSO you can't have shadows on your back, it will make the software misunderstand the actor and the shadow, so Illumination is quite important, but well, I need advice on how to improve the recognition.

also I wanted to ask about the actor, I am not slim, so my gut somewhat collides with the arms movement, so I am asking it would be better to have a skinny actor ?

Thank you !!

Post subject: Re: Clothing ? Actor ?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:03 pm 
iPi Soft

We recommend black shirt.
Red shirt may work but may have problems with self-shadows (shadows on torso).

Please make sure that you created good actor model (you do this using "Analyze Actor Appearance" button).
You may need to adjust actor shape using controls on "Actor" tab. This should help in your case.

Single-camera mode is very useful for quick experiments with actor model building.

Also make sure your scene scale and your actor height correspond. This is not intuitive but very important for multi-camera system. You can change scene scale on "Calibration" tab and you can change actor height on "Actor" tab.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]