It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 am 

Here's the link, after a few long hours of upload :

http://www.filedropper.com/001-simplewalking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 pm 
iPi Soft

Earlack, thank you for sharing this video!
Right now we are exploring the video and the results of processing to determine root of the problem. It can take some time...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 am 

Okay, many thanks for your efforts !

As a "tip", we shooted this under neon-lightning, and while it wasn't visible in Ipi-Recorder, I think there's a channel of the RAW video that shows some flickering. Hope it's not the problem.

BTW, the RAW video of the PSeye has 4 channels, right ? Do you know what they correspond to ? I would say RGB and Luminance but not sure. not really important, just for personal info ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:42 am 
iPi Soft

Quote:
we shooted this under neon-lightning, and while it wasn't visible in Ipi-Recorder, I think there's a channel of the RAW video that shows some flickering. Hope it's not the problem.

It adds some noise but it can not lead to such critical problems. Most of our demo videos also shooted under such kind of light. This why we usually record at 50 fps (in Russian AC has 50 Hz frequency).

Quote:
the RAW video of the PSeye has 4 channels, right ? Do you know what they correspond to ? I would say RGB and Luminance but not sure. not really important, just for personal info ;)

iPiRecorder captures video from PS Eye in RAW format based on Bayer pattern. Thus 4 channels denotes 4 pixels from 2x2 sensor matrix:
Code:
 ---------------
| Green | Red   |
 ---------------
| Blue  | Green |
 ---------------

This why each channel is 320x240 while the source image is 640x480

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am 

andrew wrote:
It adds some noise but it can not lead to such critical problems. Most of our demo videos also shooted under such kind of light. This why we usually record at 50 fps (in Russian AC has 50 Hz frequency).

That's interesting. I guessing this is why I see flickering when I try 50fps. (I'm in the U.S.)

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:56 pm 
iPi Soft

Earlack wrote:
I have a little session where the actor just walks through the capture volume. Except one of the arms that goes crazy in the last frames (my cams aren't perfectly placed, I suppose it's partially occluded), everything is good. But when playing back the animation, the legs, although being correctly tracked, are really trembling a lot. As I don't want an epileptic motion (lol), how do I smooth it ? I applied Jitter Removal but it didn't seem to have any effect.

We analyzed your video. The video was recorded at 77 frames per second. I think this is the cause of the problem. The noise in camera sensor is too high and this leads to trembling legs ("epileptic motion").

Most important: I recommend that you use lower frame rate. You should get much better results at 60 frames per second. By recording at 77 frames per second, you push Sony PS Eye camera beyond its limits.

Also, you have a couple of minor problems in your video:

1) You wear a very loose-fitting T-shirt. It is not good for motion capture. Try a more tight-fitting T-shirt.
2) Your T-shirt is too light (light yellow). Shadows are very visible on light yellow, and it blends with the color of your skin. A blue or a green T-shirt should help achieve better results.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 am 

Quote:
We analyzed your video. The video was recorded at 77 frames per second. I think this is the cause of the problem. The noise in camera sensor is too high and this leads to trembling legs ("epileptic motion").

Thanks. I thought it could be related... turns out it is !
So 60 fps max for the PSeye. Should be enough anyway for the motions I need...

About the T-Shirt, I knew it wasn't perfect, but I remembered it... after shooting, of course ! At the moment I can't reshoot the whole thing but I'll try to do a quick test @ 60 fps.

Do you think I could also try to remove the noise in the video (using After Effects for instance) and see if it could be enough for this one... ?

Many thanks for your support.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2