Change font size
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Some Questions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 pm 

Hi Community :).

i ve got some Questions. Can you help me to answer?

- Can i use a own skeleton in ipi Studio? (How?)
- How i can use a other Model in iPi? (In the Demo Video are a HL2 Model).
- exist some import/ export scripts for iPi ( blender / .blend) ?

Okay, that are my Questions :).
The programm is running very nice. I import my first bvh-File in Blender an it runs... but the weighpaint oder envelopes don´t run correct.
And my problem is the skeleton i think...

Or did you have some Tipps to use the bvh-File from iPi in blender???

Thx and greetings

Radiac

Post subject: Re: Some Questions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:43 pm 

radiac wrote:
Can i use a own skeleton in ipi Studio? (How?)

Yes. But I haven't done this myself yet so I'm not sure.

Quote:
How i can use a other Model in iPi? (In the Demo Video are a HL2 Model).

You're supposed to be able to bring in your own character and then reassign the joints, but...(see above.)

What I'm doing is retargeting the mocap to my own rig and character in Animeeple, and then outputting FBX from Animeeple to use in other programs. I'm starting to see some good results but still working on a good workflow. I'll post more info once I get everything nailed down. Other users are using Motion Builder to retarget motion, but that's a little too rich for me right now.

Another option is to retarget the mocap in a 3D application. The actual steps and techniques vary from program to program, so I can't really give you specifics.

Quote:
exist some import/ export scripts for iPi ( blender / .blend) ?

iPi doesn't provide this. You may need to ask somebody at the Blender forums. FWIW, I'm using Animeeple to convert iPi biovision data to FBX and Collada to use in other programs. (iPi DMC will output Collada but I've had some problems with it.)

Hope this helps.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:10 am 

Hi Greenlaw and thank you for your nice tips.

Quote:
You're supposed to be able to bring in your own character and then reassign the joints, but...(see above.)

What I'm doing is retargeting the mocap to my own rig and character in Animeeple, and then outputting FBX from Animeeple to use in other programs. I'm starting to see some good results but still working on a good workflow. I'll post more info once I get everything nailed down. Other users are using Motion Builder to retarget motion, but that's a little too rich for me right now.

Another option is to retarget the mocap in a 3D application. The actual steps and techniques vary from program to program, so I can't really give you specifics.

You talking about export, right? The export of the bvh running in blender, but not correct. In blender i must weightpaint the bones on the Model (or use envelopes). Thats not the problem, but when i weightpaint the bones to te mesh, they don´t react when i move the bones :).

So i would test a other way. My idea was, my Model (with Bones) import to iPi. But there only 4 support formats. I use Collada 4.1 for a import in iPi. But it won´t run. And now i don´t know, how i can use my exported animation to my model.

I test now "Animeeple" and i hope the program do what i need :).

It´s only the last stone on my way for successfully operation. [ipi/bhv --> blender/weightpaint]

But again! thanks!!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:04 am 

Re.

Okay, now i ve use "Animeeple". When i import my bhv File, they animate it by the beginning of a project.
When i go to the t-pose register now, there is a bonebundle of the ground :D.
Have i do some mistakes by setting up the iPi Software? There is an option in ipiSoft (calibration) names "mark at ground" and i use this. Is that the mistake?

here is a screenshot of the Animeeple-software. The same result i ve got in blender.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:05 pm 
iPi Soft

Please see our wiki for explanation on how to import animations into Animeeple:

http://www.ipisoft.com/en/wiki/index.ph ... #Animeeple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:10 pm 
iPi Soft

radiac wrote:
My idea was, my Model (with Bones) import to iPi. But there only 4 support formats. I use Collada 4.1 for a import in iPi. But it won´t run. And now i don´t know, how i can use my exported animation to my model.

Support for COLLADA in our software is not fully compatible with Blender as of yet.
I think you can use Animeeple to convert your character skeleton from COLLADA to BVH and back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:40 pm 

Click the Set First Frame button, then Drop to Floor. This should set a proper T-Pose on the first frame. You'll also want to adjust the scale (do that under the Size tab.) When exporting, I've been having better luck using the FBX plug-in, but this depends on what software you intend to send this file to.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:31 am 

Ah. Nice. It exist a Wiki :) Thank you Michael.

Thanks to greenlaw too! I do a little test yesterday and it looks that it will run.
Today i do a new calibration and a new videotest with other clothes.

When i was successful, i post it :).

greetz Tommy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 am 

Hi everybody,

i dont know whats going wrong.
I use the tip with the Animeeple Software. Import the bhv from iPi. Then i reorganized in Animeeple like the Wiki.
Then i export it and import it in Blender.

If i´m in the objectmode, the bones look correct.
If i would edit the bones, they do a this @ screenshot 1.

Ignore i the editmode and parent it to my mesh, the bones deform my mesh to trash. I delete the weightpaints and the Mesh looks like the beginning... but if i would animate the bones with the mesh i must do a waightpaint again.
So i do it... and then the same result... screenshot 2.

Now my Question... what can i do, to eliminate this problem.
Exist a tutorial to import my own Bones in iPi? And a tutorial to import my own mesh?
Only the import.

Its annoying... only this step i need to use the iPiSoftware correct. And i think it´s not a iPi Softwareproblem... but a export problem?!?!?

I hope for help.

Thank you

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]