Change font size
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:51 pm 

Can iPi DMC produce quality iClone motion capture files?

If I record a 10 second motion capture, how long does it take to result in a quality motion clip that is usable in iCLone?

Will the captured motions require an extensive clean up process to make them usable in iCLone?

What is the most straight forward path overview to get clean motions into iClone?

Will you support the iClone bone rig in the 1.0 version?

I would like to purchase, but if there is no hope then I will wait.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:50 am 
iPi Soft

We'll release some new demo video and animation clips soon to illustrate the quality of motion capture with our system (you can subscribe to our YouTube videos to be notified automatically).

Captured animations may require cleanup. This depends on complexity and length of motion. Shorter clips are easier and faster to clean up. Typical clean up may include manually adjusting some frames (typically 3-5 frames per 100 frames), plus you may want to tweak amount trajectory filtering (this is just a few clicks of a mouse).

Sometimes (for complex motions or bad lighting conditions) you may need to re-shoot the motion as no clean up is able to fix the problems.

Typical processing speed on a PC with GeForce 9800 video card is around 5 seconds per frame, that is 2-3 minutes per 1 second of animation, so a 10 seconds clip may take 20-30 minutes to process.

We are working with iClone to establish seamless import-export with their system. Compatibility with iClone will be added very soon, possibly within a couple of weeks from now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:12 pm 

This is exciting news! I'm sold. I'll be placing my order in July.

Thanks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]