Change font size
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm 

I just want to brag a little bit on IPI soft. I've experimented with a wide range of motion capture approaches with varying results. I've tried DGeeMe (now video4coach), Gypsy, Moven, and even a manual approach where you key in the joint positions manually frame-by-frame.
Gypsy worked, but required a ton of clean up and it cost me around $14,000 (on a grant). DGeeMe was interesting and free, but was not ready for heavy duty motion capture and currently does not export to BVH (as Video4Coach).

IPISoft requires careful calibration and takes a long time to process my files, but the results beat the $12,000 mechanical mocap by a long shot. I know the processing time will improve when I upgrade to a computer with a newer CPU, RAID, more RAM, etc. My current setup only has 2 GB of ram.

IPISoft is worth the effort if you are not doing thousands of clips for a single project. I use one of the most demanding projects possible - accurately capturing American Sign Language. IPI does not capture the hands, but I've been dealing with that since the start so it's not an issue. IPI Soft does accurately capture those signs that I could not get right with my Gypsy suit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 am 

Hi

I just wanted to second your comments and say that i think you'll see the biggest performace hike from getting a new graphics card an nvidia gtx 260 or higher

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:43 pm 
iPi Soft

whitneyscott wrote:
I just want to brag a little bit on IPI soft.

Thanx!

skin12002 wrote:
I just wanted to second your comments and say that i think you'll see the biggest performace hike from getting a new graphics card an nvidia gtx 260 or higher

It's true. While RAID and fast CPU is useful for video recording at 60 fps, for tracking itself GPU (video card) is bottleneck. For more info see the following benchmark: http://www.ipisoft.com/en/wiki/images/5/53/Benchmark_tpf.png

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]