Change font size
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Poser Pro integration.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 am 

How well do the files generated by this iPi motion software capture work with Poser Pro. I've been using TruBones for my motions and most of those files work well. In PoserPro its really simple to load the TruBones .bvh files and then animate the character. Is it easy to load the iPi motion capture files into PoserPro easily?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:06 pm 
iPi Soft

iPi Desktop MoCap supports motion transfer for Poser. You should use "File->Import Target Character" to load your Poser character and transfer your motion to it. After that, you will be able to export in BVH using native Poser rig.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:41 pm 

I'm loving this program, but I don't understand the above instructions. When I choose File/Import Target Character, the program seems to expect me to load a .BVH file. What file do I load? The BVH I generated using Ipi?

Then you say to "transfer your motion" to the character. How do I do this?

Finally, elsewhere you say that the program supports the Second Life default character. Again, how would I go about transferring my mocapped BVH file to Poser so that I can use it with the SL Avatars I use in Poser?

I'd really appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to transfer my mocapped Ipi file into Poser (so that it can in turn be imported into Second Life). Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:12 am 

Never mind -- I think I figured it out. Yes, you import the target skeleton so that it stands "next to" the default iPi skeleton, make sure the target skeleton is doing the animation, then simply choose export BVH. I think I had just been using the wrong target skeleton.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]