Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 pm 

Hi,

I'm just getting started using iPi Recorder, and I noticed that I can't change the drive for video storage. It currently defaults to My Documents, and when I click the Browse button it only allows me to create new folders in the My Documents directory. I would prefer to select my dedicated video drive. Is this possible?

By the way, I'm using XP Professional.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:01 pm 
iPi Soft

Thanks for feedback.

You are right, limiting recording folder to My Documents was incorrect.

We published new version that allows choosing any folder.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm 

Michael,

Thank you very much for looking into this. I'm planning on shooting my first video footage for iPi DMC this evening, and this feature will be very helpful.

By the way, your software looks amazing. Please keep up the great work!

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm 

I was wondering, is there other documentation available other than the tutorial videos? The only reference I'm aware of are those two videos, and of course this forum (which has been highly informative, if a bit scattered.) :)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:01 pm 
iPi Soft

Greenlaw wrote:
Michael,
By the way, your software looks amazing. Please keep up the great work!

Thanks!
We still have to do lots of improvements, including improved documentation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:03 pm 
iPi Soft

Greenlaw wrote:
I was wondering, is there other documentation available other than the tutorial videos? The only reference I'm aware of are those two videos, and of course this forum (which has been highly informative, if a bit scattered.) :)

There is also a User Guide accessible through Help->Contents menu in iPi Studio.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 pm 

Ah, okay. I've mostly been busy with Recorder and Calibration so far, and haven't done much with Studio yet. I'll be spending a lot more time with it tonight though. :)

I'm curious, just where are these applications actually stored on my computer? All I see installed are these shortcut-type files that launch the tools. I'm not complaining about this but I have never seen this type of install before.

Thanks again for any info.

Greenlaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 am 
iPi Soft

Greenlaw wrote:
I'm curious, just where are these applications actually stored on my computer? All I see installed are these shortcut-type files that launch the tools. I'm not complaining about this but I have never seen this type of install before.

Frankly, I don't know. We are using the default installer created by Microsoft's Visual Studio. This installation technology is called "Microsoft's ClickOnce". Its primary advantage is good and reliable autoupdate. Application files should be stored somewhere in "<your primary drive>:\Users\<your user name>\" folder.

If you want to see default iPi skeleton, you can just open some random video in iPi Studio and export any amount of T-pose frames in BVH or COLLADA. We will soon publish some animation examples created with latest version of iPi Studio - the skeleton is much improved since last "dancing" demo animation currently available from our website.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am 

Michael - glad to hear the skeleton has been improved.

Both Greenlaw and I intend to use the product with Jimmy RIG, so hopefully it will produce bvh files acceptable to Jimmy RIG (an unknown at the moment).

http://www.origamidigital.com/typolight ... /home.html

Might be a product tie in for you, as the folks on this forum are very interested in mocap.

http://www.origamidigital.com/forum/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 pm 
iPi Soft

If someone could point me to an example of animation importable into JimmyRIG, we could implement support for JimmyRIG-friendly export option in iPi Studio. Just like the "3D MAX-friendly" BVH export option that we already have.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next