Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 pm 

I looked for the answer to this question, but I must have missed it, so forgive me if it has been asked before. What is the maximum number of cameras that can be supported by the recording software?

Please advise,

Thanks!

PeteMoss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:24 pm 

Four.

This is probably a practical limit for many desktop and laptop computers. I am able to capture video successfully from four cameras simultaneously with my laptop (which, I have to admit, surprised me,) but I think I'd have trouble maintaining a useable framerate with additional cameras.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:41 am 

Greenlaw wrote:
Four.

This is probably a practical limit for many desktop and laptop computers. I am able to capture video successfully from four cameras simultaneously with my laptop (which, I have to admit, surprised me,) but I think I'd have trouble maintaining a useable framerate with additional cameras.

Greenlaw

Thanks Greenlaw that makes perfect sense. Can I ask what sort of cameras you are using in your rig and what sort of frame rate your able to achieve. How are you connecting the cameras to your laptop - directly to the USB ports or via a hub or switch?

Just curious.

Any help or advice you can offer would be most appreciated.

PM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm 
iPi Soft

We recommend Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 (or its newer version WebCam Pro 9000). This is the best webcam for markerless mocap.

Our software currently supports up to 4 cameras.

It is recommended that you connect cameras directly to your computer's USB ports, without external hub. Logitech says that some hubs can cause camera malfunction. One notable exception is active USB extender cables (5m cables with an amplifier that looks like small 1-port hub) - we tested them and they seem to work well and help to extend cables to long distances.

Typical modern PC should have no problems capturing 4 video streams at 320x240 at 30 frames per second.

For 640x480 resolution, you need very fast PC (quad core or overclocked dual core).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 am 

Michael Nikonov wrote:
We recommend Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 (or its newer version WebCam Pro 9000). This is the best webcam for markerless mocap.

Our software currently supports up to 4 cameras.

It is recommended that you connect cameras directly to your computer's USB ports, without external hub. Logitech says that some hubs can cause camera malfunction. One notable exception is active USB extender cables (5m cables with an amplifier that looks like small 1-port hub) - we tested them and they seem to work well and help to extend cables to long distances.

Typical modern PC should have no problems capturing 4 video streams at 320x240 at 30 frames per second.

For 640x480 resolution, you need very fast PC (quad core or overclocked dual core).

Perfect, that is just the information that I needed to know. Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Kind Regards,

PM

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]