Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am 

Hi there!

i was very sorry to read that your motion capture software only works with DirectX10, Shader Model 4.0.
since this is gpu related, i think its only used for preview purposes of the captured data, right? too bad that everybody with an older graphic card can't use your package. in fact these are a lot of people including myself.
can we expect DX9 SM3.0 support in later versions of your software? and can you tell when you are about to enter beta or even gold status with ipiStudio?

thx alot!
greets,
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 am 
iPi Soft

SM 4.0 limitation has nothing to do with preview purposes.

In our software, latest-architecture GPU is required for data processing. Modern DirectX-compatible GPU are light years ahead of CPUs in processing power. Older GPUs simply lack the floating point precision and architectural features needed for markerless MoCap algorithms.

By the way, decent SM 4.0 video cards are not that expensive. You can get a GeForce 9800 GT for as low as $95 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814187030). This 2-year-old video card packs many times more processing power then latest $1000 Intel CPU.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:10 pm 

guru_meditation wrote:
Hi there!

i was very sorry to read that your motion capture software only works with DirectX10, Shader Model 4.0.

I run this software on WinXP using DirectX9.

DirectX10 (aka vista) is not required. What is required is a video card that supports SM4.0. But you don't need DX10 (vista) to get that.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]