Change font size
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Legs bent
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:22 pm 

So Im using a two camera system but everytime I go to Track Forward my legs are totaly bent at the knee like the legs are to long.
thought, ? solutions. It seems like the reason is that I am to close to the cameraImage

Post subject: Re: Legs bent
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:33 pm 

My immediate thought is that the calibration is incorrect, perhaps the ground plane is not properly set up. Looking at the wireframe grid, it seems out of alignment (horizon too high, for example) compared to the live action image.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm 

some how my skeleton got waked to. Huge left arm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm 

I went through the calibration twice. it seems to be working, but when I load the scene it seems like the cameras ground it wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm 

one more

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 pm 

It's a bit difficult to tell from the particular angle, but from the screengrab it looks like your cameras are too high pointing too far downwards. This would suggest that the calibration is still not correct. This often happens if the ground plane is not defined correctly, if the camera height is not defined correctly, or if the distance between cameras 1 and 2 is not defined correctly. But, the angle could be deceiving, so it's possible that your calibration is ok.

Can you post a screengrab of the calibration? Showing the markers (most of them should be green) and showing them touching the grid (so it's best to position the orbiting camera as low as possible to the grid, and point the camera upwards. See my calibration tutorial for details).

You could also post a screengrab from each camera angle, showing your t-pose frame - if there is any misalignment, it can often show up when trying to position the actor - the actor should be aligned with the video in BOTH camera positions (roughly).

Another possibility is that the actor is not sized correctly (which can often happen is the calibration is not set up correctly). Be careful that when changing the actor size, that the actor feet are on the surface of the ground plane. Often the feet end up below the ground plane when changing the scale and the actor needs to be repositioned.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:39 pm 

Here are my raw files if anyone else wants to give it a try.
Im 1.803 m tall
cam 1 is 1.75 m from the ground
cam 2 is 1.27 m from cam 1
FOV on both cams is 74.2

thanks.. I wish I could get this working it would save me a ton of time.

I will give the other stuff a double check and post those

http://www.samgebhardt.com/tmp/vids.rar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm 

this is the calibration I did ..the cams look wrong..

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 am 

Ok, I took a look at your video clips (I'm not at my office right now to run DMC, but I'll try to run the clips tomorrow). I think I can narrow down the issue to the fact that the field of view of your cameras may be incorrect. The reason I say this is that if your actor height is "real world" correct, and you look at the green calibration marks, you can see that the skeleton is taller than the top markers. In the calibration clip, you can see that the top markers should be above your head (and thus above the skeleton's head), since you hold the light above your head. So even though your cameras are at the "correct" height, they look out into the scene incorrectly, so objects are not in the correct spatial relation to one another.

Which cameras did you use? Did you calculate the field of view with the iPi Camera Calibration Tool? I noticed in the screen grab that the field of view happens to match the field of view of the cameras I use (Logitech Communicate MP).

Post subject: t-pose
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:09 am 

FYI,

According to iPiSoft (at least as of a few Beta versions ago), T-poses should be photographed with legs close together and straight. Your t-pose has legs bent slightly and apart (I'm assuming you used the t-pose stance at the end of the part where you adjust your position).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next