Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legs bent
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:13 pm 

..just a side note for a wish list. I was talking w/ a friend that did alot of mocap on Beowolf and we were thinking how cool it would be if you had a helmet cam doing face capture while the mocap was happening. ..Only the huge studios are doing that now.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 pm 
iPi Soft

samg1739 wrote:
So thats what it was? I was getting to much noise and "distraction"?. on my calibration video?

Yes, the problem was in calibration. Marker was misdetected in second camera. We will try to make marker tracking more reliable in future versions.

I recommend that next time you also incorporate the following improvements into your calibration sequence:

1) Don't move the marker too fast, to avoid motion blur.

2) Cover your capture volume more uniformly.

3) Record calibration video at 640x480 at 10 FPS.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 pm 
iPi Soft

samg1739 wrote:
..just a side note for a wish list. I was talking w/ a friend that did alot of mocap on Beowolf and we were thinking how cool it would be if you had a helmet cam doing face capture while the mocap was happening. ..Only the huge studios are doing that now.

We do plan facial motion capture in future versions, but this will take us some time.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 pm 

Im setting up the 3rd and 4th camera and i was wondering if its better to have them all on one plane..in other words all facing the same direction or can they be across from each other.. in the four corners of the room all facing in. ..thats the way I would like to set them up. And what is then angle that they can tilt down. Im assuming the better they can see the silhouette the better...2.5 m high?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:05 am 
iPi Soft

I recommend that you do not place cameras too close to each other. You should have at least 2-3 meters between cameras.

Other then that, there should not be much difference. You can set 4 cameras in full circle or semi-circle, whatever is appropriate for your space.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 am 

got it. We have them as far apart as possible.

If the subject leaves the frame in one camera what happens?..I mean while doing mocap..not calibration

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:03 pm 
iPi Soft

samg1739 wrote:
If the subject leaves the frame in one camera what happens?..I mean while doing mocap..not calibration

Never tried that. Theoretically, your 4-cam system will just continue working as 3-cam system.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:47 pm 

I have a GeForce 9800 GTX + and I was wondering if I put a second one in this machine if the capture software would utilize both cards?

Also does anyone know if there is/ or what the limit to the footage of usb cable you can have? I have my camera abount 12 to 13 m from my computer in another room and im not havening any luck.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 pm 

Just a heads up for anyone trying to set up cams more than 3 or 4 m you need a USB cable extensions w built in repeater

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:54 am 
iPi Soft

samg1739 wrote:
I have a GeForce 9800 GTX + and I was wondering if I put a second one in this machine if the capture software would utilize both cards?

Not yet. We plan this in future but current version cannot use more then 1 GPU.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next