Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Calibration need help!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:22 pm 

I am testing this to see how feasable it would be... I have two cameras at about a 45 angle from the front facing...

I cant see to calibrate it.. The software wont pickup the maglight (led one) I even tried a candle it chooses a reflection that is from a window way far off in the distance.. I would love to use this but it seems it just wont work.

If i can get this working right i am going to buy it and 4 cameras i need to proove to my investor.. (the wife! lol) that this works.

Ive tinkered for days and cant seem to get it working.

pc specs.
64vista
quad core system 3.0 g per proc.
6 gigs of ram.
geforce 200 series with 1 gig ddr3 ram.
1 t of disk space.
dual monitor.

Cameras are two logitech quick cams... they work and record.. ones a bit fuzzy cause itc crappy..

I just need to get the basic tracking down and it can be a bit off cause i can fix it up in motion builder.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:16 am 
iPi Soft

It is hard to tell what is the problem without looking at your calibration video.

I suggest that you send me your calibration video, so that we could debug the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 am 

OK so i bought two logitech quick cam pros and i have one quick cam c500 which allows me to adjust the settings also.

Heres the attempts at calibration and a sample recording for animation..

What am i doing wrong? Are my cameras setup wrong?
am i doing the calibration wrong?

Can anyone help please!

video links
http://www.dimentox.com/mocapvid.rar

as of now it has about a hour and a half to upload. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I ran the calibration tool for the c500 it said 71.5
and i ran the 9000 pros at 74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:23 am 

It finished uploading last night and is ready for any who wishes to try and let me know what i need to do

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:01 am 

well they actually webcap pro9000 as the quick cam is no longer available
i think i should try 77 as a previous post since teh fov is different on webcam pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm 

Well i bought the whole kaboodle... 80 foot of usb 4 logitech webcam pros 9k
Set them up.. and tried to calibrate Nothing usable.. I even ran a 15 min video of me calibrating with the maglight....

I am completely stumped... Maybe its the camera order? how do i flip them around?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:22 pm 

Dude, I would like to test calibrate your video but I wont be crazy enough to download a video for an hour!

Try reshooting the video with MPEG selected in the beginning screen of the IPI Recorder (where the all of cameras you have is listed).

How did you secure your cameras? If your cameras are not secured properly like it 'wobbles', for sure you will have problems.

What I did is I taped my cameras on the wall and set my 3 cameras in left-front-right sequence and Turned off the automatic FOV and camera location before hitting calibrate. I have a small room for this and I was wondering if it also affects the quality of the calibration.

Yet like d here, I cannot get a usable calibration.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:45 pm 

i think theres an oder from left to right in the recorder of what cam needs to be what.... i think its like Front Left , Back, Right,

Mine have not been ini this order... I believe that thats an issue.
Also apparently i may be moving the light to fast...
and mostlikely staying in the way...
a trick i saw is to lay on your back and basically keep teh tortch up right at all times... and basically paint yor bordersand do circles and zags above your heas dna gradually rise up... make a fes x's at each cam and mark teh groundalways tsying to keep your self out of the way of all teh cameras.. I am currently cleaning out the garange to turn into a studio and hard mount em...

My previous attempts i know they dont move. bet the one i uploaded was just 3 cams..... i now hav 4 900 pros..
I have invested a pretty between cable and cams for this to work.... it has to work... the problem is the documentation is uber fail...... Dont give us videos... give us detailed what to do and why we do it that way.. tell us how to setup the cams... and what porder they need to be... give us example pictures...this is like giving a man a raw steak... saying here you can have a free steak but you have to cook it with these tools...and you have to buy the tools but to our specs.. we can show you you can cook it this way.. but your on your own... ohh you still have to eat it and keep teh tools if you just dont get it.... good lick and if you manage to get it rigght remember you only get free steak for 30 days...

lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:45 am 
iPi Soft

Hi,

Thanks for sending your videos.

Your calibration videos are recorded incorrectly.

The main problem is that you move the marker too quickly. Also, your calibration videos are too short - not having enough points.

Please look at our tutorial videos:

http://www.ipisoft.com/animation/tutorial-src.zip
http://www.ipisoft.com/video_tutorials.php

You should uniformly cover as much of your capture volume as possible. That means moving marker to the left, right, top, bottom, front, back etc. of your room.

It is recommended that you do not move the marker too quickly. Webcams do not have proper synchronization mechanism, so they usually run slightly off synch. If you move the marker too quickly, synchronization offset will affect accuracy of calibration. Quick movement may also produce motion blur.

New version of iPi Studio (released today) has lots of bug fixes related to calibration, so it is recommended that you upgrade.

If you move it too quickly,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:50 am 
iPi Soft

Camera order should not affect calibration. It may slightly affect reliability of auto-detection of initial camera positions, but it is very easy to specify initial camera positions manually. Just use the Camera Orbit control and move cameras to desired position. You need not be accurate, you only need very rough initial guess for camera position. Basically, just make sure that you place right camera on the right and left camera on the left - that should be enough.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next