Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm 

File exported as 3ds Max Biped BVH on a low poly wireframed standard sized female character.

View full screen in HD: https://youtu.be/UqGT0eLmRrg

Can be taken for what it is, a lot of clean up needed and start to end position drift of a good bit, bad if a specific start and end position is required.

These are known issues with real-time inertial sensor trackings and noone yet has been able to fully correct it, although this is better than most.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:37 pm 

Same file exported as standard BVH, imported into Motion Builder and ran on Mia Character.

Slight smoothing added, no other adjustments made.

Still a bit glitchy, but works, quite a bit of clean up needed though to look smooth and proper, more than just an adjustment layer, if was to be used for game animation,

Same Drift from start to finish position.

Wrist/Arm movements are pretty clean, using limited finger sensors seems to work better.

They could use a T-Pose position on 1st frame, and a re-center to Z front or Y front for 3ds max option box before export, would save on zeroing rotation of all bones out manually from bone options when recording not started in a T-pose facing front.

Link: https://youtu.be/celVxgLMS4o

I will soon attempt the same basic actions with iPi, and post those results also for comparisons.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:14 pm 

This is good enough for my mocap needs :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVABFPRRWN0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:12 am 

That's great... Enjoy!

Hope it works well for you.

Maybe one day you will post some of your .raw exported files exported to any format that's offered and applied to characters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 am 

I'm still waiting for my order to be shipped.
But the first results from people getting their gear are pretty good so far.
I'll upload a capture as soon as I get it, which could still be a month away.

And if I need ipisoft for a project, I can always rent it for a couple months.
It's just different tools for different needs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:57 am 

Yes, that's true, for some faster real-time takes, it may prove to be an asset, and being new to users they may need to make adjustments themselves and use of the Pro editor.

It will be found to be faster, as it is real-time, but there will be more errors as inertial has always had issues with, in time Noitom may be able to limit more of this noise.

It looks as if it could have promise, but waiting on iPi to track and refine, is easier and more productive than sitting in front of an editor doing a lot of it manually :)

In looking at their exported files, the full finger tracking blows the file size up a lot, but I figured it would being more data recorded/transfered, not sure how recording and merging it separately would work though. I think their thought was to use that more for only hand tracking games and Oculus, or maybe in film where just a hand shot is needed, but it is cool and seems to work better with the new firmware update.

This is a video of some of the actions performed in the previous video, as close as I could get trying to watch on my other monitor while performing them.

Exported to Motion Builder BVH and ran on Mia, same steps of smoothing used as above video, no other adjustments made.

Link: http://youtu.be/BKt3idvt_8c .... View full screen in HD

Granted it had to be tracked which takes a bit, and some small issues, but far less clean up after completed, I made no manual adjustments in iPi Studio, this is the tracking.

This was a long performance too, usually you wouldn't need to do any take that long, just blend what you need together for games, I realize he was just testing the suit, so it ran on.

Film may be a different scenerio, I don't do that type of animation.

Recorded with 5 PS Eyes and 2 Move controllers for wrists. I do wish iPi could get better wrist tracking consistently, but it is what it is until then, but it's not aweful either for the most part.

They are also stating sugnificant processing speed increases at some point, but they are making strides forward and getting it better, as will Noitom.

When you do get your system, and dialed in how you like, it would be great to see some of your exported captures run on any character in any external 3D editor you choose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:11 am 

Just to add my 2 cents.

If the skeleton PN use is a normal one, following a hierarchy, then I see a problem in the sense that the root bone needs proper rotation AND translation values while the rest of the bones could deal only with rotations calculated based on their respective parents, local rotations as it is.

Now, as far as I know, inertial systems do rotations good, great actually, not so well on position though, because they rely on the earth's magnetic field. So while just an arm mocap can work nicely since it can work only on local rotations with the shoulder (or maybe even chest through collar bone) being the parent, a full body mocap will suffer from that bad position tracking of the root of the skeleton, the hips. This also would cause the legs to skid since they are children of the root node. Most likely all the body jerks in unison with the hips, but it's most visible on the contact limbs. Probably if a motion uses a hand on a table or some other stable surface, the hand would skid also.

I think the best way for them is to go the Oculus way and use some optical markers for the hip/root position tracking. I mean if even the geniuses from Valve/Oculus couldn't solve a proper position tracking without an optical solution, I doubt the PN engineers will figure it out :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:59 pm 

Reallusion debuted real-time iClone mocap with the Noitom Perception Neuron at the 2015 Develop:Brighton, a game developer conference hosting game makers from around the UK and throughout Europe. See more live at Siggraph 2015!

iClone Motion Capture with Perception Neuron at Develop:Brighton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:18 am 

iClone 6 comes with massive upgrades to the program, a whole revamp of the program and looks absolutely incredible!

(Note: PN / Kinect V2 plugins are not available for consumer use as of now, possibly soon, no release date as of yet. Kinect is only a one camera system anyway, limited use).

I am more interested in all the upgrades they have made to version 6, right now early access special of iClone 6 with 3DXchange Pipeline is $499! that's a deal! Upgrade for

less if you are an iClone 5 user now, but those would know that by now. Buy soon and get all future feature updates FREE! By the way it looks, they are on a roll to explode

the program and drown the competition!

Anyone interested in the iClone 6 Pro 30 day trial download can access it here: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_trial.aspx ... Full Pro Trial with free content pack!

Very cool! Check it out!

Direct export to Unity and Unreal and with 3DXchange Pipeline, you can now import and export your mocap data files, (FBX or BVH only), and use all of version 6 tools to edit

and add to/edit any animation on any character! Now with Direct Puppet you can perform real-time adjustments on the fly and body part masking to choose individual parts!

New animation timeline features for blending and storytelling with incredible control over the animation sequences, as it is now paired with Autodesks technology!

For scene creation ability and options, it now seems to be unmatched by any other comparable system to date, in its priceline anyway! (My opinion)

I am running the trial now to test it, shame there isn't a trial for the 3DXchange Pipeline software also, I wanted to import some of my iPi mocaps for testing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:11 pm 

Sounds like a good deal--will have to look into upgrading our license.

Years ago we purchased iClone 5 with 3DXchange a few years with the thought of using it as a low cost alternative to Motion Builder. As it turned out, Alisa and I never actually used it because we were always busy working on various animation and vfx productions, and we couldn't spare the time to learn iClone5's system.

In our private studio, we're still using an old license of MoBu (2011 I think) to edit our iPi Mocap Studio data but I still want to switch to something comparable for editing motion capture that doesn't cost nearly so much to keep up. Lately I've been able to relax a little and focus on personal projects again, so maybe its time to give iClone another look.

And I have to say, for a realtime solution, the render quality in iClone6 is looking pretty good too. I guess if we planned to produce a regular web series (which is not out of the question,) I would seriously consider going with iClone6 for final renders.

But, for now--(sigh!)--we still have our 'Brudders 2' short to finish. :D

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next