Change font size
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: iPi DMC 1.0.084 Beta
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 am 

Hi guys!

Congratulations on getting this latest iPi DMC beta out! This is very exciting news. I already have plenty of video prepared so I hope to give you some useful feedback very soon.

Keep up the great work! :)

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post subject: Re: iPi DMC 1.0.084 Beta
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm 

Mr. Nikonov, I have shared my calibration videos in some of my old posts which you said will be used for debugging.

I have to tell you guys that I think those videos are flawed because I used an unstable 'tripod' on them and it might have wobbled a bit while I was shooting. I hope the old videos wont somehow give the wrong data on this new DMC version.

Anyway, I was successful in my late calibration video but the tracking was a bit off hand. I will install this new version and see if it will show any improvements to the tracking.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 pm 

I tracked my old video with the new version and it has improvements. Before, both arms were not tracked correctly but now it tracked the right arm but the left arm didn't.

I also tried exporting a bvh file. It looked good in bvhHacker but when imported in to poser, it was a mess. I renamed the body parts according to the figure and made sure selected scale automatically and x/y axis for the arms but still wont work.

You can download the BVH here:

http://www.downloadtaxi.com/d/1260318640

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 pm 

@The Owl
your posts do not have anything to do with the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 pm 

So far I'm finding the new version works well. I had a few more shakes than usual in my latest mocap (a dance), but smoothing seems to have cured it. I may have been lucky, but the arm-tracking was better than usual for me.

Any need to recalibrate with this new version? In particular, should I recalibrate so that I can generate a calibration-scene in XML format rather than .scene format? Or is it just as good to keep using the .scene file I already generated with my calibration in the last version?

Anyway, good job, team! I'm looking forward to more improvements.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:15 am 
iPi Soft

TheOwl wrote:
Mr. Nikonov, I have shared my calibration videos in some of my old posts which you said will be used for debugging.

I have to tell you guys that I think those videos are flawed because I used an unstable 'tripod' on them and it might have wobbled a bit while I was shooting. I hope the old videos wont somehow give the wrong data on this new DMC version.

Thanks, we used them for debugging and they helped a lot.

I did not send you resulting project files for your calibration videos but you can easily reproduce them using latest version.

Visually, I did not see shaking due to unstable tripods (so shaking, if any, probably was not that bad).

What I see in your calibration videos is some number of dropped frames. You may want to use faster computer and/or additional USB controllers. Typical modern PC comes with two USB 2.0 controllers in chipset (true for both Intel and AMD chipsets). In Windows Device Manager, you can see USB 2.0 controllers as "USB Enhanced Host Controller", as opposed to USB 1.0 "USB Universal Host Controller".

http://www.ipisoft.com/images/help/USB_controllers1.png

At 320x240, a fast CPU should allow you capturing with 4 cameras without dropped frames. At 640x480, it is recommended that you add two additional USB 2.0 controllers via PCI/PCIe cards if you want to capture with 4 cameras.

And GR1F1ThH is right, in the future please create new topic for new discussions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 am 
iPi Soft

TheOwl wrote:
I also tried exporting a bvh file. It looked good in bvhHacker but when imported in to poser, it was a mess. I renamed the body parts according to the figure and made sure selected scale automatically and x/y axis for the arms but still wont work.

If you want to export for Poser, you are not supposed to manually rename body parts in BVH.

Please use integrated motion transfer in iPi Studio instead. Export your Poser character to BVH and then import it into iPi Studio via "File->Import target character" menu item. Your motion will be transferred to your Poser character. After that, export to BVH - animation will be exported in Poser-friendly BVH format, in proper scale.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 am 
iPi Soft

Groot wrote:
Any need to recalibrate with this new version? In particular, should I recalibrate so that I can generate a calibration-scene in XML format rather than .scene format? Or is it just as good to keep using the .scene file I already generated with my calibration in the last version?

Yes, it is highly recommended that you re-calibrate with new version, because calibration accuracy is significantly higher in new version.

New XML scene format is actually the same as old ".scene" format, but human-readable and you can theoretically use it to export camera data to other apps.

And thanks everyone for your support! Your feedback is helping a lot.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]