Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 am 

For those that use Webanimate, I have always had an issue with BVH exports from iPi running at the correct 60 fps of the PS Eyes on import, and it didn't matter if I sped it up using their speed selection in Webanimate, it would still only export at 30 fps, but FBX imports and exports worked fine.

I have tried manually adjusting the fps in the file to 30 fps 0.0333333000 before, but that didn't help either, but the iPi export procedure below does.

With the recent update iPi made and including an fps selection before exporting, I found that if I set my PS Eye exports to 30 fps, they would import into Webanimate at the correct 60 fps speed, or at least appear to be moving at the right speed, not in slo-mo like before.

I also found it you use Kinects v1 or v2, you can set the export frame rate to 25 fps, (instead of the default iPi picked one), and it will move more correctly to the proper speed and look of the recorded motion, Kinects always looked a little slow and floaty to me on export, so I had to speed them up manually anyway, but exporting them at 25 fps now works just as well with a more realistic speed and look.

I am still not sure why Kinect exports come into Webanimate very high off the floor grid during import with my Kinect 360, but the export with T-Pose comes in on the grid properly, then jumps up once the animations starts, but that's and easy fix to global re-key its positioning.

I am sure this fps issue was an issue with Webanimate, but with this new iPi update I have been able to correct the fps on import of BVH files much easier.

Nice addition iPi... Also loving the better floor stickiness of the feet and less floaty hips with PS Eye tacking introduced on prior updates... Thanks!

I hope this information is useful to some users anyway.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]