Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Change Camera order
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:11 pm 

Is there a way I can simply change the order of the cameras post recording? We calibrated on a previous recording and had to disconnect the cameras. Now Camera 1 should be camera 5 and so on. I can believe I'm going to have to re-record a whole session because the the cameras are in a different order from the calibration file. :S

Post subject: Re: Change Camera order
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:08 pm 

If I read this post right, you are stating you made a calibration video and then disconnected the cameras, then plugged the cams back in and recorded an action video of a performer with cams in a different order?

The most complicated way would be if your cameras are stationary fixed and didn't move during disconnect, you can go into the video calibration file using notepad and manually move all the cameras info. around, judging by the numbers from quotes to quotes, to match the old view port order, (you have to use all the data, from the <Camera> to </Camera> entries, but that would only work if you remembered which was which before, how many cams were used and if you went clockwise, or counter clockwise with your camera order in the recorder or not, I don't know, but if the cameras were still the same heights, you can use the "Y" middle number to know which cam was which possibly, or opening 2 instances of the recorder and open the video with one recorder to see the order that was used.

The easiest way is if no cameras were actually moved any, you could also just try to record the calibration again, with the cameras set as they were in the recording view ports before, you can look at the video with the recorder or the small camera views, click to enlarge them also, in the studio video to help you remember, will run from left to right in those views and transpose the same way into the recorder and it should be fine, or very close, you just have to switch the camera ports on the machine to match again.

If any cams were moved even a little during this disconnection, there is really no easy way to re-match things up again, re-doing it all is unfortunately your only option, but if only one cam was knocked out, you can also just remove that cam from the video cal file and re-save the video with the recorder and exclude that cam, this only works if you have a valid Studio license though, I am not sure if this can be done in Trial mode, if that's what you are using.

Hope you understand what I am describing.

It is always best practice to do a before and an after calibration video, just in case, you could do this now if cams are still set up and connected, then cal file will match again to recorded action video.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:54 am 
iPi Soft

In case you did not actually move the cameras between recording calibration and action videos, you can edit .iPiScene file exported from a calibration project, as Snapz has noted. It is a text file in XML format, so you can easily reorder <Camera> nodes in any text editor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:51 am 

Thanks Maslov, yes I meant edit the .iPiScene file, not the calibration video file, thanks for that clarification.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]