Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm 

I haven't tried the latest build yet but I'm excited about some of the features mentioned in the change log. I hope to try the new Recorder tonight.

Quote:
Workflow for opening a record for playback from Recording Results dialog is improved. Instead of HOME button, there is a BACK button to return to recording without losing previous recording state (like evaluated background).

THANK YOU. If I understand the description, that's a very nice improvement and something I've wanted for a while now. :)

Quote:
Option to mark centers of camera frames on SETUP screen. This may help with positioning of cameras.

That sounds useful but I'm now wondering if it's possible to also add a grid overlay to assist in camera alignment. I often mark the spot on the floor where the actor assumes the T Pose at the start of recording, and I try to align my Kinect sensors to that spot. It's typically located in the lower third of the display, so a center target is not so useful for this purpose. If we had a grid overlay, it would be easier to figure out the alignment for markers or items that are not located in the center of the screen. Thanks in advance for considering this feature request.

Quote:
Using GPU (supporting DirectX 11) for rendering camera streams. This improves overall performance during recording.

Very interesting. This makes me want to try my older computers with Recorder again. In previous tests, they were just shy of being suitable slave computers. I wonder if the latest optimizations will make them more suitable.

I'll post anything new I learn from testing this build.

Thanks again guys!

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 am 

Sounds interesting, I will try it out soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:26 am 
iPi Soft

Alignment grid is included in Recorder v3.3.1. Hope it is close to what you asked for.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 am 

Thanks! I will check it out this evening.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]