Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: PS Eye Setup
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm 

Hello all. for the past few years, I have been using two kinects for my mocap setup in my apartment. I always wanted to use the PS Eye config so I bought 4 camera's awhile back but I could never get them to celebrate properly. Maybe due to lack of space. But I have recently bought a new home and I am hoping I can turn my two car garage into a studio. The garage is 20x20 and I was hoping I could get some help in getting a four PS eye setup in the garage. I tried a few weeks ago and I was finally able to get the four camera's to calibrate, but I could not get the avatar to match each viewing angle. What would be a good placement for the camera's and I think I may need to buy a small lighting kit. The three lights in the garage does not seem to be bright enough for the PS eye.

Post subject: Re: PS Eye Setup
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm 

Several years ago I was using PS3 Eye cameras, and I shot my early stuff in our garage. The main issue back then was lighting--the overhead garage lights cast hard shadows and didn't light the performer evenly enough. Poor lighting conditions is possibly the biggest cause of tracking errors.

I happened to have a couple of soft boxes, which are used to cast even lighting with very soft shadows. Soft boxes are ideal for shooting green screen becasue you don't want to throw dark shadows shadows on the screen, but I found they also worked exceptionally well for iPi Mocap Studio (called 'iPi DMC' back then.)

The lights can be expensive but I got a fairly inexpensively kit from a vendor called Cowboy Studios. The quality was surprisingly good for what they cost.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]