Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 pm 

So in my efforts to try and get a good process and workflow, I find I can't use an extended USB 3.0 cable (even an "active" one) so I could use my desktop machine as my main machine, but instead need to use my two laptops for the dual Kinect setup. Okay, I can live with that... but it also means I need to get Studio on to one of my laptops because of the @#$%@ PITA of calibration video (I was thinking I could just record and do the work on my main machine, but you need Studio to save the damn calibration. Sigh).

So I guess I need to get Studio off my main machine (where I was hoping to do most of my work. Again, sigh) and onto one of those laptops just so I can get a calibration video saved. Which also means I will have to use that laptop for all processing and cleanup -- that process really sucks.

Anyway, what's the recommended procedure for doing this? I don't want to screw up my license in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:09 pm 
iPi Soft

You can transfer all iPiVideo files (including calibration) after the whole recording session from the master laptop to the desktop and process there.
If you want a quick check of the calibration before proceeding with recording action videos (what we usually do in our recording sessions), you can install Mocap Studio on the master laptop and process calibration here, even with expired trial. That'll let you see whether a calibration video is poor and you need to record another one. However, you will be required to re-process the calibration in your licensed Mocap Studio on the desktop (some waste of time).
Also, you may find it more covenient to transfer a license between the desktop and the laptop. You can do this any time via Help > Manage Licenses > Main menu item. First deactivate on one PC, and then activate on another.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm 

Okay, I think I'll be fine with installing a trial version just for the test of the calibration process.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]