Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:22 pm 

Regarding calibration methods: The light method is supposed to be more accurate but, personally, I still use the board method. IMO, once you understand the motion pattern iPi Mocap Studio prefers for board capture, it's accurate enough and pretty reliable. It also reduces the data bandwidth because you don't need the RGB channel for board capture.

Just make sure the board is large enough for accurate capture. I like using a standard 30 x 40 inch sheet of foam core, which you can buy at any office or art supplies store.

For 90 degree calibration, stand in the middle of the space or just behind the middle (away from the sensors,) and behind the board. Hold the board with each hand in the middle of the side edges. Keep your arms outstretched and make sure your legs don't 'merge' with the board data. The key motion is to move the board back and forth. I'll also angle the board slightly to give it a little more 3D info but the main thing is the back and forth motion. Also, move the board toward the space between the sensors.

The board works well for 180 setups too. Much of the above applies but hold the board with one hand and stand to the side of it. As in the above, a back and forth motion is best. For 180, I believe it's critical to move a greater distance back and forth, otherwise, Mocap Studio may confuse the identity of the two sensors.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm 

BTW, I just have to say a few days ago I saw your video demoing the dual Kinects and it really made me laugh, because we've always had cats (and have three little girls now) and from time to time they have "helped" me with my capture, so when you got on the floor and your friend walked through I could *really* relate.

There have been a lot of times I've done the background removal only to have one of my girls walk through and I went "doh!" and had to start again. Now that they are older they are more sedentary during my recording times, so it's not as much of an issue, although anytime Daddy starts doing something interesting at least one of them has to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm 

Your last post made my day. Thanks for sharing that. :D

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2