Change font size
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 pm 

I know it sound contradictory, but I have an idea I was wondered if anyone tried yet:
So what if you set up your cameras on PVC cage? 3D print the holders for the cameras, and make fixed attachments. Then Calibrate it perfectly.
you can then dismantle the cage (label those parts, or paint them different colors)
Move the setup, and set it up again. It should still work right?
I am thinking of trying this for 15 by 15 set up, 6 cameras (because I have a computer with three USB cards in it....)
Right now I am saving up for a decent space to shoot in, I live in shoe-box apartment... but I can still use the time to plan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 am 

Yes, it will work, just use sturdy enough PVC pipe (1 in or 1 1/4 in) and store them bundled together when not in use to avoid warping.

3/4 in pipe won't work well, a bit flimsy, even if you use cross member stabilization, or bottom runners and that adds to cost.

You will have to re-calibrate cameras on re-set up, no way that will stay a one time thing after break down.

!5 x 15 cage is small though, you won't get much capture volume to move in, remember cameras need at least 2 1/2 m outside the edge of the capture volume for forward facing cameras.

It is a bit of over-kill for a set up, unless using it in an outdoor setting that can remain set up, except for removing cameras when not in use.

Calculate full cost and storage area conditions and give it a go, if seems feasible.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]