Change font size
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Feet Tracking
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:27 pm 

I am currently using the 30 day free trial of ipi mocap. I have a setup of six playstation eyes and three motion controllers. I have all hardware and software working properly. However I cam currently getting some issues in feet tracking. Sometimes they twist around 180 degrees and eventually snap back into place. I am curious if it is somehow possible to actually correct this more. I wear black gloves, orange long shirt, black short shirt on top, red tights, and black greyish shoes. Are there any shoe colors anyone else has used to get a good tracking result? Any feedback is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Feet Tracking
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Dark colors are usually good for the feet. Also, shoes should be distinct from the floor color.
Can you provide a sample video (using file sharing service) so we are able to give you more specific advice?

Post subject: Re: Feet Tracking
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 am 

Yes, previous suggestion is correct, best to use Black, or darker color on feet, and lighter colored flooring, even if means using a piece of lighter carpet, or linoleum on floor. (gray, white and yellow body colors are bad colors for iPi tracking in most circumstances, and make sure the area is free of clutter that matches the colors used for the performer will help, with reasonable amount of equal ambient lighting, but not necessarily directed right onto the performer, unless using a filter over the lights.

The cameras calibration is fairly critical, (all cameras should align very closely to the performer to iPi Actor on refit), and camera set up and positioning may need to be optimized a bit also, (for 6 cams, circular set up works best, if possible, with at least one camera set higher, 7-9 ft looking down on the performer helps foot tracking, and setting the numbering in recorder view ports to run in same order also may help), but an expected 100% non-error tracking is probably unrealistic, but should get fairly good tracking throughout once system is optimized better, more use time with it and knowing where a likely tracking issue may be anticipated and a bit of a need of manual finessing after running the auto-correct tools within iPi Studio 3 should give real good pre-export results.

There still may be times where the leg/arm will flip during tracking, shouldn't be many times though, but when does, just stop the tracking, then re-tracking that area usually corrects it, or might try to track with a different camera in that area if issue persists, then switch back to your main tracking camera, usually the best frontal actor view camera would be the main tracking camera. (This is my camera #1)
Remember the color detection works only per camera being used during tracking, so if camera view colors change on switching, a re-detection may be needed, that just depends, mainly based on lighting used.

If you send iPi the files needed, they may point out other remedies, it just takes a little time to get it working better with PS Eyes, so trial and error of camera placement may be required, but the cameras can not be outside of the recommended range of approx. 30 ft x 30 ft, (9 m x 9 m) giving a 20 ft x 20 ft (7 m x 7 m) capture volume, PS Eye cams need a 6.5-9 ft (2-3 m) space outside of the capture volume (limits marks on floor helps) in a space that will be large enough, (ex. I use 22 ft x 12 ft)(7 m x 4 m), to work more effectively giving a reasonable floor volume of approx. 10 ft L x 12 ft. W, (4 m x 4 m), but if room used is smaller, expect smaller capture volume and feet movement area on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]