Change font size
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Rotoscoping
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:25 pm 

it is nice to be back and see how the software has changed ...i love the use of so much cameras and the Playstation Move Motion Controllers....
i was wondering if next add-on of the software will be some rotoscoping tool ?
i mean that using one or more PMMControllers plus doing a rotation of the object or person or face could easily create some files . may be a cheap rail solution could also a thing to think to sell , may be it can work with a circle and square with smooth angles . the use of rails for cameras moving could add a "twist" to the scene motion recorder-translator..

one last question : if i pay the software for 3 months , does that mean i can continue to use it after this delay ?

Post subject: Re: Rotoscoping
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 am 
iPi Soft

Hi

Did not get your point about rotoscoping. What can PS Move controllers do for visual effects?
We do not plan to support moving cameras so far.

Our subscriptions are for usage, not updates. So you can only use the software at full while a subscription is active. While there is no active subscription, the software behaves the same as expired trial - no export is allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:21 am 

It would be much easier for iPi to be able to put a solid green screen background color to their remove background in the recorder, right now it is choppy at best, but I don't know if it's possible and get close enough to the performer to work well, without actually recording in a green room, and the video quality is pretty low on PS Eyes anyway, but then no need to roto-scope at all, just easily remove the background in a video editor.

They could also add a solid green screen color to the color choices in the Studio to screen record a characters motions as a video for other uses in other editors.

They have a very dark green now, just change that to light green screen color? Who really uses that dark green anyway? Or a color picker to choose, for other chroma- key colors if green isn't optimal.

It is possible to use an invert black/white map and opacity to cut out the character, would just be easier to remove a green screen color.

An example would be background actions on video planes, or billboards where full 3D isn't necessary, but would still give the 3D effect in the video for many applications.

This way we could do our own camera tracking of a background video to make the realism, but of course this would only be for animation on characters inside a video, not actual performers, but still very useful.

I guess real performances is what you may be referring to, roto-scoping the recorders recording of the actual performers, but no way near enough video fidelity with PS Eyes, at least for closer up recordings to do this adequately.

There is better ways, though more expensive set ups, to get green screen actual performances, but I was always wondering why HD cams videos couldn't be set up for use with iPi Recorder as well, using a mutli-cam start switch to sync the camera recording for use within iPi Studio as a .iPiVideo file.

Maybe there is, I guess iPi just hasn't worked on that feature yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 am 

This is an example of how iPi animations can used on video billboards, or video planes inside some 3D animation programs.

It is just a quick sample, animation was recorded directly from iPi Studio viewport using a free screen recorder and the dark green view port color, light green would have removed better though, but it turned out fairly well for this test.

I could have exported the animation to another editor first, cleaned it up more, then re-imported back to iPi Studio, or I could have just added a green screen plane behind the dancer in another program to get same effect, this was just done all through iPi Studio and green screen removal in a fast video editing program, keeping the process as simple as possible.

This is very useful in scenes for background imaging and places where animation is needed in the distance and full 3D isn't needed to achieve the same effects.

YouTube link: https://youtu.be/kUXjMej0lmI View in HD.

This is a video on a billboard, not a 3D character animation, and will keep the weight of any scene down immensely, can be done with many different animations and all be applied to different areas of a scene.

The use of a billboard plane allows the video to always remain facing the camera even when scene cameras are rotated, but a video plane can also be used for a singular direct camera view.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:02 am 

your licence is perfect for those having a project and a budget.. not so much for a game creator that has a lot of time but few bucks.. thanks for the replies
the idea of rotoscoping is to acquire objects / models for use in-game
it should be easier to make the object move instead of the camera , or simply use pictures from all angles without something that moves.. the more there are images the more detailed the object created is .
i wonder if you start to use the vr cameras ?
they look incredible : http://www.realite-virtuelle.com/guide- ... camera-360

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:54 am 

360 cameras would be of no use inside iPi as a camera as it is set up now anyway, they look from one position outward, not inward, but you can probably use the images or videos recorded as a background in other 3D packages, I haven't tried this yet, but I am sure it would be possible with just a little research.

I guess what you want is the actual image/video from several different angles like iPi Recorder produces for use as a modeling aide.

Using the iPi remove background will only remove so much background for it in advance, may be enough for the purpose of modeling something though to more isolate it from its surroundings.

After modeling you can easily put any mesh object created inside a green box, or a sphere, and light it evenly to create a green screen effect in most 3D editors and then place as many cameras in scene as you want to view it from, render it from that angle and then remove the green with chroma keying later in another editor and place it in any video or image.

You can export any image/video from iPi Recorder using the export video feature, if you have a working license, just export each as a single image as a single frame, if it's not needed as a video with more than 1 frame, then export only the frames needed.

Import those images/videos to an image plane positioned at equal distance from each camera to get the best scaling, you can always scale the entire object to whatever size you want after modeled, as long as it doesn't overly stretch the textures added, or re-add them later to proper scale.

Doing this effect for exact scaling of a performance video is a bit more complex to match iPi camera positioning inside another 3D editor, but it can be done, using 2 perpendicular image planes is easiest set up for a front and side view.

Not exactly sure this is what you are referring to, but may be a suggestion to try.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]