Change font size
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 pm 

i wish to use retargetting feature as a standalone tool. i want to retarget my non ipi mocaps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:45 am 

atmuc wrote:
i wish to use retargetting feature as a standalone tool. i want to retarget my non ipi mocaps.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6353

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:06 am 

There already exist several standalone programs for retargeting and mixing.

The big daddy of course is Motion Builder. MB is an industry standard and, as such, it's a bit expensive unless you have the educational version. This is what we used for Happy Box and our current film. If MB is too costly there are many less expensive alternatives.

You might consider Ikinema Webanimate, which is a browser based service where you upload your data, retarget, edit and mix online, and for a small fee you can download your results as FBX or other formats. There exist two or three other services like this.

If you prefer to own your software, there is iClone with 3DXchange Pipeline, which has retargeting, editing and mixing--you need the Pipeline edition if you want to export your edited data as FBX for other animation/rendering programs. The entire package is about $600 when it's on sale, which it often is. We have this here but haven't had time to try it out yet.

If you already own a 3D animation program, it may already have retargeting/editing or the option to add it. I believe Max and Maya has mocap retargeting, editing and mixing built-in, and LightWave (what we use on our films,) offers retargeting as an add-on called Nevron Motion, and mixing is done with the Motion Mixer, it's non-linear animation tool. I think Blender has retargeting and mixing too and it's a free.

Hopefully other users here can offer more suggestions.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 pm 

MB, max, maya is too expensive for my butget. i use Modo. ipi has a retargetting system. it would be nice to use it for other transfers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm 

atmuc wrote:
MB, max, maya is too expensive for my butget. i use Modo. ipi has a retargetting system. it would be nice to use it for other transfers.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5746

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]