Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Audio Export
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:48 am 
iPi Soft

Of course, it takes some time, but not that much :) There were just other things to do more important for our product than the audio export.
And now, v2 is in maintenance stage, only bug fixing. Thus any new features are set for v3.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:00 am 

When to expect v3 to go public? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 am 

I think iPi Soft previously said it would be after the new Kinect for Windows is released, and Microsoft says the new Kinect will possibly ship sometime this summer. I'm sure the release dates for either product has not been firmly announced as both are still in development.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:42 am 
iPi Soft

Yes, Greenlaw is right. V3 is expected to be released around the public release of Kinect 2 for Windows.
The latter has no firm date currently. We only know the public beta for Kinect 2 starts in July (closed beta, which we participate in, has started on the last November).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:47 am 

I thought Kinect 2 will be released in July, according to MS website. Is it just hardware release?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:20 am 

motorsep wrote:
I thought Kinect 2 will be released in July, according to MS website. Is it just hardware release?

This announcement from MS confirms that July is the beginning of their 'public beta' program for Kinect 2 for Windows:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectfo ... r-sku.aspx

A pubic beta is somewhat different from an official release but good for early adopters who understand the risks.

This will also be a limited release so you'll want to get your order in early or you may have pay a 'premium' to a reseller after they're 'sold out'. Or you can be sensible and just wait for the final release and pay the regular price for it. That's just my prediction based on past 'new hardware' release histories. :)

Pretty exciting stuff ahead!

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:22 am 
iPi Soft

As far as I understand, this July pre-release is intended for developers. General availability will be a few months later. See Microsoft announcement about this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2014/06/05/pre-order-your-kinect-for-windows-v2-sensor-starting-today.aspx
However, I do not see any restrictions mentioned in the checkout form. So, I suppose anyone can make a pre-order.

Actual limits may arise from the software side. The latest release of Kinect SDK (beta), we are currently working with, is a way from the "final" quality. And we just cannot release the support for Kinect 2 until we see considerable improvements. Public beta of Kinect SDK may provide the needed quality in July, or not.
If all goes well with this matter, we may release V3 in August (end of July at the earliest).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2