Change font size
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32 pm 

A few questions/requests for the next release.

Think I've read somewhere that you guys were looking into the possibility to add rotation joints to the character rig?
That would be awesome. But if so, would it be possible to update / transfer the animation from a previous rig to the new
one with added rotation joints?

Also something that would be nice in the next version of the software would be to include a darker color scheme. Similar to modern
software from other companies like Autodesk motionbuilder, Maya and new Adobe products. Reason for this is that I, like many
others, spend a lot of time in these applications and it just becomes easier on the eyes. Not a big deal but it's nice.

Something more important, including a curves window would be great to manually be able to go in and do additional cleanup.

For the next release, will there be any possibility to upgrade from current version for a reduced price? Or will people have to
pay full price regardless? Might be too early for that question, but it just popped up in my mind since I recently started using
this software and I see you guys planning on making lots of improvements on the next release that I wish I had in the current one.

Just a few ideas for the next release.

http://www.mikelundahl.com
Twitter @ mikeclundahl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 am 
iPi Soft

Thanks for your suggestions.

I do not quite understand what you mean by "adding rotation joints". Maybe, the limits of joints rotation?
We plan to add a dark color scheme.
We plan to improve the cleanup tools, including some means of keyframing animation.

Currently, we do not plan to change our upgrade policy. And this means that users of previous versions will get a discount on purchasing the new version.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:11 pm 

Sorry for the extremely late reply...

But by rotation joints I mean:

Image from google search.

If you look at the arms there are additional joints added for rotation.

http://www.mikelundahl.com
Twitter @ mikeclundahl

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:37 pm 

I think he means control joints for overriding or offsetting the rotation of joints that have mocap data applied. (If I'm wrong, nevermind.) :)

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:46 am 
iPi Soft

We have no plans on adding specific rotation joints. But we do plan to make improvements to editing/cleanup, which will possibly include some sort of layered animation.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:15 pm 

That sounds fantastic!

I was curious but will you be publishing a feature list for version 3 with an estimated feature release schedule like you did for version 2?

I can understand if you decide not to do that again but, I did appreciate seeing the schedule for 2. It was pretty exciting to count down the items throughout the year as each feature was added. :)

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 am 
iPi Soft

No, we do not plan to publish the feature list with release dates. Version 2 has shown that this was too heavy obligation for us.
However, we'll try to make announcements when we are certain about some features.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]