Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:52 am 

First thing, is to remove the annoying working wheel animation from middle of the screen, who thought that was optimal placement?

Second, either a better skeleton on iPi actor that is consistent with most character rigs, with clavicle bone directly off spine in stead of extra bones moving it forward as it is now, iPi actually tracks shoulders worse than is possible due to this, I don't know who uses that skeleton type you used in rigs. Or, a choice of actor skeleton type, at least one where its bones have a zero rotation, especially for use with biped skeleton.

And third, would be nice if it was possible to pause recording, instead of stopping it, this wouild greatly help if could be possible, it would greatly reduce recording time, as well as make it possible to break up takes easier and not have to track through useless footage or adjust and refit the actor to match recording.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 am 
iPi Soft

Thanks for your suggestions.

I remember someone had already complained about the "wheel" (maybe it was you in another post?). Now that we have a separate progress area, we totally agree that it should be removed. Wait for the next update of Mocap Studio.

Snapz wrote:
not have to track through useless footage or adjust and refit the actor to match recording

Our tracking algorithm won't automatically catch up the pose between such takes, because it works with continuous movements only. Thus you'll still need to set initial pose manually at the beginning of each take.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:26 am 

Thanks for reply, yes, I know I have to reposition the actor and refit in between takes to not continuously track the video recorded.

I remember now in V3 I can edit the recording to remove unwanted footage too, and save as individual smaller files, I will try this.

I was just thinking it would be nice to be able to pause the recorder during recording, then restart it, so performer could reposition easier for next take.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am 

I tried to edit a portion of a recoding to a specific time frame and got this error shown on attached file.

I am using only 4 PS Eyes and 2 PS Moves.

Why can't I resave edited time of video?

Attachments:
Error on edit save .JPG
Error on edit save .JPG [ 196.46 KiB | Viewed 6328 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 am 
iPi Soft

The edit feature in iPi Recorder requires an activated license for Mocap Studio on the same PC.
In this case, looks like the program incorrectly determines whether the video can be edited with the current license. We'll check that and fix in the next update of Recorder. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for reporting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:33 am 

Ok... thx..

I forgot V3 has recording editing, this will be very helpful to cut up takes as individual recordings and save refitting or tracking through useless footage, if it will work

as I think it will and also reduce total recording overall file size, I hope it does work that way.

Will editing also resave the PS Moves in recording after editing?

I will look in Wiki for info, but warning only stated cameras on resave.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:43 pm 
iPi Soft

The editing simply extracts selected data (device tracks and frame range) from a video.
Therefore it
  • leaves PS Move data in place if they are selected
  • reduces file size by the amount of data thrown away (non-selected device tracks and frames out of range)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:54 pm 

Ok, good, I look forward to trying it when fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:02 am 

Update for video edit works fine now and re-saves all appropriate data.

This works great to reduce video recording file size, as doing 3-5 takes of same movement can run to very large recording, now I can just re-save the best ones as small individual videos and delete the initial recording.

Thx for fixing the error promptly.

I have also noticed that the actor scaling is very critical to the head tracking, I have to line the scaling up so the eyes match very close, no matter what actual height of the actor is, then move the floor grid up a bit to match and refit actor, if I don't do this, the head looses tracking very easily, so I am taking it that the eyes of the actor is what governs the head tracking. Is this the case, just wondering? I dont remember this occuring in V2, I re-ran a tracking in V2 and this issue was much less prevelent when actor scaled to correct performer height, just wondering if this has been reported in V3 by anyone else?

I also repositioned my cameras and found that whatever camera was plugged into the first USB port for 1st USB controller (Win 7 OS) is what the bones of the actors skeleton orient to, so in testing, I positioned that camera as a straight on view or the performer to analyze and scale with and now I don't have weird shoulder or spine twists not following video and better export file quality (to me anyway). Just changing camera number position inside recorder didn't work, I had to use USB controller 1 and first port on that USB.

I was just wondering if this was how iPi set it up to work? I don't know if it is, but it's just what I am seeing happen.

At any rate, I am getting better tracking this way, especially with shoulders tracked by video, which I always use for my purposes, even though a slower tracking time.

Maybe when individual bone scaling gets implemented it should help with the actor scaling/head tracking better.

Thx again!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:22 pm 

Snapz wrote:

I have also noticed that the actor scaling is very critical to the head tracking, I have to line the scaling up so the eyes match very close, no matter what actual height of the actor is, then move the floor grid up a bit to match and refit actor

Correction to that statement, after initial refit, I rescale actor so eyes match recording very close, (but I DO NOT REFIT ACTOR AGAIN before tracking forward, I read though tracking recommendations in the Wiki and it states to use refit before tracking forward, but also says you can manually adjust actor, so this is what I tried, without using refit before tracking) and I always move floor grid up 1cm from calibrated setting and get much better head and feet tracking, as I was also having an issue with ankles with feet spead they would align straight with shin bone and not follow video and stay flat on the floor, this seems to have helped with that more also.

Even if heels seem to be a little off the floor at the start, it corrects itself a bit through the tracking process and also stops the heel penetration effect through ground plane in external 3D editing program (3DS Max Biped) and in-game. (I know this can be corrected in editing, but it's better to have the tracking follow things better from the start, I personally would rather have heel off the ground slightly in-game, than penetrate the floor).

Just my experience, others may not be having the same issues, as there is very little feedback from users on V3 so far.

Try this for yourself to see what I am talking about, if you are having this same issue, I know I can't be the only one experiencing this stuff!

This is using a 4-PS Eye set up.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next