Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 pm 

HI,

I'm new to the forum (obviously) and markerless mocap but not to using Mocap. I've worked at a studio with an Xsense system and I've worked at a studio that had a marker system. I'm freelance now and running the 30 day trial. So far I'm loving your software. I'm getting arguably better results than the Xsense system especially being I can run it myself with the help of the PSmove and it doesn't take an hour to setup. Took a few tests to get the best results with my current setup of four PSeyes, wanting six, and four PSmoves.

Love the software and I was able to get it into almost full production in a very short time.

I currently have one request, and this might be a feature I haven't found yet or something slotted for a future release I haven't found out about yet. While using the ipiRecorder I set the PSmove color and then have to take notes for which hand they are in. Would it be possible in a future version to have the ability to add a tag/note on each PSmove, and have the color saved? If the recorder could save the color set on the PSmove and possibly a note then within the Mocap Studio under the motion controller data tab that information would be displayed I wouldn't have to look around my desk for weather motion controller 1 was Rhand or Lhand.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:20 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Thanks for your input.
Option to light up a PS Move sphere is intended primarily for using it as a light marker during calibration (and for fun, of course :). Excess color objects in action video may confuse the tracker.
Labeling devices is somewhat useful feature we have been requested a couple of times before. Just have not got to it yet.

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:36 am 

An easy way to keep the Moves set to which hand is to always keep them in the same location in the iPi Recorder set up window.

Even if you tear down your set up often, as long as the Moves are always positioned in that set up in the same spot, (has nothing to do with camera positions in that window), they will always put the data to the proper hand.

Mark each Move as Left and Right on the Move its self and easily check proper position in set up by moving one to see where it needs to be in the window during set up.

This should be checked first on every start up of the recorder, (but mine stay in same spot on each start up), or yes, you will have to manually find each move to get the data applied correctly.

Once you get the hang of this, it will always remain a lot easier for you.

Changing color inside iPi Studio for the Moves is pretty useless to me, the default colors work fine, but the option is there if you wish to change them.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]