Change font size
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:40 am 

It's been a few months since I've dived back into ipisoft. After a year long pro package that I didn't take enough advantage of, I'm slowly gearing up cameras, clamps, tripods, and other accessories to record again soon. One thing that I'm not sure exists is an archive of video tutorials for the software given the physical challenges of setup and successful recordings. Especially the situations that call for the different camera types between PS3 eye cams (which I prefer) and the Xbox 360 and One. Is this something that could one day happen? I'm familiar with a lot of setups but I plan to do distributed recording with 2 Xbox One sensors and have been told the same calibration setup for the PS3 is used with the XB1 hardware....which I've never tried yet. Would be awesome to see a video tutorial on how to get that done along with the other camera setups and such. I see a lot of tuts on YouTube but they're made by people like me, people who are familiar enough with how they did what they did. What I would love is tuts made by the makers. People who know the best ways to get the most out of ipisoft without any more experimentation than necessary. Hope this happens some day:). I could teach my methods but I don't work for ipisoft so I could be off in more ways than one:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:19 am 

Hi there, even though it's not what you're looking for, since im not working for ipisoft, i gathered some experience with calibration using ps3 eyes which i documented on these videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F8zgTRTfWE

I also have a bit on a single kinnect2 capture, but that is really straight forward to setup, only issue with that, is the occlusion that will inevitable happen once an arm is not visible, which tend to happen on even the most simple captures unless it's a plain idle animation hehe.

With the ps3 eyes i found that using a maglite with a table tennis ball where i cut a little hole allowing me to screw it on top of the maglight worked out really nice. Also the pole i used is just a broomstick which i painted black because the wood color actually sometimes got picked up as brighter than the table-tennis ball for some reason.

Other than that it's mostly a matter of practice and doing it a few times then you can do it fairly quick. First time i did it, it took me almost 1.5 hour to get a close to acceptable calibration, and later on it was more a 10-15 min process.

Hope this is gonna be helpfull even though it's not excactly what you asked for. Btw, i agree the Ipisoft people should do more videos on actual calibration and setup to assist us users to get the best results.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]