Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 am 

Hello,

First of all great software in the market and I really like Ipisoft for its quality. Just few feature request from my side and it will really be great to have them.

1. Masking : Just like how Optical Mocap Software has feature to mask out any reflective area in the scene, it will be great if we can mask out reflective surface after evaluation stage and before recording. There is background Subtraction option but it doesn't work well with bounce lights and reflective objects in background.

2. Local/Global Axis : After setting up action project, as we align actor to the actor in video for tracking, It will be really great to have switch from local axis move/rotate to Global axis Move/Rotate. As this will help us setup actor and everything else properly.
Also Can you please include XYZ axis rotation for Controllers? As for now, move controllers can only be rotated in one axis with Move tool.

3. If we can upload videos which were shoot in other formats and with other devices(DSLR, action cameras or smartphones), Merge all videos in Ipisoft Recorder and track in Studio. This will help us overcome FPS and Higher Resolution issues. Also we can capture in more bigger Capture area and with more fast motions. This will also make Ipisoft the most flexible software in the market.

Will really love to have this feature is possible. Thank you Ipi :)

Parth Shah
Technical Director
Centroid, UK
http://www.centroid3d.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:07 pm 

More of my 2 cents :)

1) Masking: True the background removal iPi added is limited as you say, but gives, or should give fairly good coverage, I don't personally use it, makes no difference in tracking quality for me, and I sit right in view of the cameras while recording a performer, I just wear clothing that better blends to the room.

There is also a setting called Pose Mismatch in the View tab while tracking your video that may possibly help you.

2) Global/Local: Not sure what you mean for this, do you mean scene positioning? They added a coordinate tool for the floor grid in the Scene Tab, if calibration file comes in with floor grid off kilter, just align it to more square with the scene before locking the actor to performer, then your Move/Rotate tool for the limbs will work much easier.

3) Move Controllers: There is no real need for Z rotation on them, they come in scene locked to a specific position on the actors hand, which should be very close to the performers Z positioning of hands, just rotate them to correct position X,Y and once you start the data apply, they should (will) snap to follow the hand rotations fairly close, if they aren't, you have other issues.
You can adjust hand of the actor to any start position, as long as the controller is aligned close, most times hands need to be re-positioned from what tracking accomplishes with no need to change Move positioning, so good to have a good view of the performers hands from 2 angles clearly, but not required, you can re-adjust if off and run data again since it's fast, and always run Move data as the very last step in processing, anytime you would make a change in any other process, after you added this data, like re-running Refine for long stretches, or re-running JR with different settings, you MUST re-run the Move data again as LAST auto processing step, making manual slight adjustments after that could affect them, but you really shouldn't need to make iPi adjustments of that great to matter, do those in post.

Putting your Bluetooth dongle on a extender USB repeater cable closer to the performance area will also help.

Also, say you have some bad data position on a hand, you can slide the ROI to just include that area, re-position the hand, NOT the controller, and apply the data again just to that part of the tracking.

This method can be used for any part of the ROI to make body corrections automatically, and make tracking better.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:21 pm 

1. Masking will be useful for making Ipisoft as a portable service and on location service. We can setup big marquees or tents to make studio but still there are things which can't be avoid. And thus masking out those areas in Evaluation stage can help it.

2. Global/Local Axis : Please find attached picture of what I mean:

[img]local.PNG[/img] [img]Global.PNG[/img]

This will help setting up things accurately and faster. We have this function in other 3d products.

3. The reason of having this will fulfill complete purpose of using Ipisoft in Production level. It will make it more versatile and production software. We have Black magic cameras which are 4K and heavier machines to handle such amount of data.

Attachments:
local.PNG
local.PNG [ 13.2 KiB | Viewed 709 times ]
Global.PNG
Global.PNG [ 11.69 KiB | Viewed 709 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:09 am 
iPi Soft

Hello,
as to 1 (Masking), and 3 (tracking based on external videos) - they look rather complex in implementation.
Background subtraction expects that lighting / colors of background do not change. Reflective backgrounds change their color dramatically depenging on changes in lighting, that's why they are not processed well by background subtraction.
As to using external videos, this does not look feasible at current stage. All existing 3D mocap products work with particular hardware / recording software.

As to Local / Global axis, I think we already have this.
- Move tool allows to move character is global coordinate system
- Rotate tool applied to Hip allows to rotate character in global coordinate system
- All other joints (except Hip) are connected to parent, so they are contrained in their motion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:55 am 

Quote:
As to using external videos, this does not look feasible at current stage. All existing 3D mocap products work with particular hardware / recording software.

I can understand this and accept it. Just a wish, maybe in future it will be implemented ;)

Quote:
As to Local / Global axis, I think we already have this.
- Move tool allows to move character is global coordinate system
- Rotate tool applied to Hip allows to rotate character in global coordinate system
- All other joints (except Hip) are connected to parent, so they are contrained in their motion

My point was to have Local/Global axis option for individual bones of a actor. Just like how in Motionbuilder, We can move/rotate a joint in Local/global axis. What I am asking for is switch for changing local move axis to global move axis. This is small feature but is very useful.

I have attached pictures of same.

[img]localaxis.PNG[/img]
[img]Globalaxis.PNG[/img]

Attachments:
localaxis.PNG
localaxis.PNG [ 251.62 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
Globalaxis.PNG
Globalaxis.PNG [ 245.46 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]