Change font size
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:41 am 

I using two kinect sensors for distributed recording. The problem is that the calibration scene has the two cameras switched around i.e. what is camera 1 during performance capture is actually camera 2 in calibration scene and vice versa. This is making things wierd in in tracking. The master / slave configuration did not switch between captures only the slave was restarted.

How can I switch the labels around without doing another capture for calibration? How can I prevent this from happening again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
You can reorder <Camera> nodes in .iPiScene file saved from the calibration project. It's an XML-based text format so you can easily edit it.

How did you merge files after distributed recording - automatically (waiting for download in results dialog) or manually with Merge Videos tool? Automatic merge should always put cameras from the master first. Manual sorts input files based by their names and puts cameras in corresponding order.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 pm 

Merging was done automatically. I was not aware of Manual merge feature at that time.

The Calibration Scene when saved is saved with an iPiCalib extension and is a binary file! Merged files are called iPiVideo, still binary. Probably my recording software is an older version.

I could have tried a manual merge at that time, instead I just took another calibration capture. I haven't faced the problem since then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:20 am 
iPi Soft

.iPiCalib is the extension of a calibration project file. .iPiScene file contains only scene parameters like camera positions and lighting settings. You can save/load a scene file on the Scene tab.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]