Change font size
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:47 am 

Hi all,

We recently acquired a license of your motion capture software, and are currently using version 1.0.0.86.beta. Upon running some tests, we have found that the forward tracking algorithm crashes the Desktop Motion Capture Program quite consistently. It always occurs when pose fitting has trouble converging for a given frame. Our test conditions in terms of background and actor clothing (dark shoes, blue jeans, long/short dark green shirt) are quite reasonable, although we´ll try tomorrow with a black short sleeve shirt over a red or green long sleeve shirt. Anyway, the program should not be crashing when convergence is not achieved. Has someone experienced similar behavior?. If it helps, I can provide further details of our test conditions.

As a separate note, "Track forward" is not working as expected. If I "Refit pose" on the initial frame of the region of interest and then press "Track forward", the active frame jumps to the previous one (one before the region of interest) and nothing else happens. I have then to manually select the second frame of the region of interest for the forward tracking to begin.

Thanks in advance,

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este mensaje y sus documentos adjuntos, pueden contener información privilegiada y/o confidencial que está dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje y no es el destinatario indicado, o el empleado encargado de su entrega a dicha persona, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente y remita el mensaje original a la dirección de correo electrónico indicada. Cualquier copia, uso o distribución no autorizados de esta comunicación queda estrictamente prohibida.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 pm 

Hi,

Which codec are you using? I believe some users who have reported crashes were using an inappropriate codec for iPi DMC.

My understanding is that you should use a codec that saves data as whole frames, rather than the type that only records changes from frame to frame. MJPEG, for example, works very well for me.

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:18 am 

Thanks Greenlaw, I can confirm that using codecs that do not exploit time coherence solves the crashing issue.

I believe that the docs and UIs should better reflect which are the currently supported codecs, and which are still experimental (at least during the pre-release phase). The iPi Recorder UI explicitly states "MJPEG or XVID codec recommended", so I chose XVID for its better compression characteristics. Further, [1] states "MPEG1, MJPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, WMV" as valid input formats.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

Best,

Adolfo

[1] http://www.ipisoft.com/products.php

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:54 am 
iPi Soft

Can you please post a screenshot of error message? This can help us fix the problem.

I would also appreciate if you could send me corresponding video file (I promise we will use it only for debugging).

If this is related to the way file is encoded, then a quick workaround is to convert your video to uncompressed AVI. (For conversion, you can use VirtualDub http://www.virtualdub.org/ - it's free).

By the way, I recommend that you upgrade to latest version of iPi Recorder, it has integrated MJPEG codec - the recommended codec for use with iPi Studio.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]