Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:12 pm 

Not going to lie when it comes down to it I'm very happy I was able to get both of the cameras to work finally. It was an annoying battle. Now that I have both of them to work the only problem is is that one of the cameras as a frame rate that is well below 8 frames a second allowing me to see skips in movement to a disturbing degree. These are pretty much the questions I would like to ask.
1. What do I do to drop the frames in one of my cameras or even both of them.
2. What is the lowest settings I can record so I can still get decent to amazing Mo capping even if I move exceedingly slow.

Yeah that's pretty much it I can't even record to get to the calibration phase of this without the camera with the lowest frame rate literally dropping off the face of the planet before 10 seconds of recording.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:34 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Please specify which cameras you are trying to use.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:15 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
Please specify which cameras you are trying to use.

I'm actually using the Dual Xbox One connects. That being the case I would like to know is there a way I can kill the frame rate for one to boost the other or vice versa because if this actually works and I can use it at a stable right I can actually get a subscription but for right now I'm just trying to get the stuff to work

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 am 
iPi Soft

I don't get your idea in dropping frames in one camera in favor of another. What's the point of connecting 2 cameras in this case?
Does single Kinect work well on your PC?
Do you use laptop or desktop?
Have you tried various combinations of USB ports for connecting 2 Kinects?

To minimize hardware requirements you can set cameras to depth-only mode. In that case you'll have to use board method for calibration, as light marker method requires color image.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:39 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
I don't get your idea in dropping frames in one camera in favor of another. What's the point of connecting 2 cameras in this case?
Does single Kinect work well on your PC?
Do you use laptop or desktop?
Have you tried various combinations of USB ports for connecting 2 Kinects?

To minimize hardware requirements you can set cameras to depth-only mode. In that case you'll have to use board method for calibration, as light marker method requires color image.

I would like to drop frames in one of the camera so they both can be at least a even 20 instead of one being 25 and the other one running at 6 frames then just dropping. I would like them both to just be even.
Yes one does work well. However I would like to just use both of them for a cleaner looking animation because I can't spend or do any extremely complex actions.
I'm using my laptop for this but I might have to start using a slave which I was hoping I wouldn't have to do but it is what it is.
Has for my Xbox One Kinect I have indeed tried multiple combinations but it seems that I can't use any actual USB connect cables because the only adapter on the market won't he use them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 am 
iPi Soft

There is no reliable way to make 2 Kinects perform equally poor :)
You have to face the fact that not every laptop is capable of running 2 Kinects. This is mainly due to motherboard's chipset used. So using a slave PC is probably your best option.

Did you have a chance to try depth-only video mode?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]