Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:15 pm 

Okay let me give you some context. I am using two separate laptops to record myself with Xbox One Connect cameras. Ones on one side of the room and the other is on the other side. When I go to record I use the Kinect to slaves and enter slave mode. Everything synchronizes nicely but where's the problem is when I go to record...

It's telling me that current prime rate of some of the cameras is significantly lower than the video mode. Recording will not be started until frame rate is normalized.

How exactly do I change this or what do I do so that the frame rates are normalized

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 pm 

Do the laptops record properly individually? In other words, disconnect the laptops and make sure each laptop can record with a sufficient frame rate and just one Kinect One. If they both work, it might be how they're connected. (See below.)

If one or the other can't sustain a usable frame rate, try the following:

1. Try different USB ports. Some ports may be faster than others. USB 3.0 ports are usually blue.

2. Try recording with the RGB video channel disabled. You really only need the depth channel for tracking. Naturally, without RGB, you'll need to use the flat board method for calibration stage.

How fast are the laptops? In theory, i5 should work but with laptops/tablets I've only been able to get a good frame rate with i7 processors. That said, the i5 laptop we have is pretty old and I imagine newer i5 processors probably work better (untested by me.) i7 works fine, even with an old tablet computer I have.

If they're decent modern laptops, they should work fine unless the USB controller is not compatible. What happens when you run the Kinect Configuration Verifier? (More info about requirements can be found in the wiki.)

What kind of drives are you recording to? If they're external drives, try recording to an internal one. If the internal drive is an SSD, even better. If you have to record to an external drive, can you use USB 3 Type C? It's much faster than regular USB 3.

How are the laptops connected? You'll get best performance with ethernet. That said, WIFI connection should work...it will just be too slow for merging the data after you record it.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]